Skip to main content

Subscriptions {Try-On/ First Impressions } October 2017




 Subscriptions {Try-On/ First Impressions} 
October 2017


If you haven't read my October 2017 Unboxing blog yet, then check it out! I tried to use as many products from my subscriptions as possible. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I almost had every item I needed for a full-face. There was only a few I didn't have and I ended up with a lot of lip products that I'll have to try out in future looks. 




(1) Dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion
(Boxy Charm)

I used this exfoliant this morning and it
was really nice! This isn't a harsh exfoliant
that will hurt your skin or anything like that!
I definitely want to keep trying this out. It's
hard to form an opinion after using a skincare
product only once. So far, so good!


(2) Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle 
(BirchBox)

I've been needing a product like this occasionally. 
I did use this in my hair today and it felt really nice
and brushing it was a breeze! 



(3) Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 
(BirchBox)

I love dry shampoo. This one smells really good and my
hair looked great after applying it! I'm not too picky with these.



 (4) Peony Cosmetics Lip Stain (Pulp)
(Lip Monthly)

I've literally fallen in love with this. I'm not really into 
wearing lip stains with a full face of makeup, but I've been using this as
mainly a lip moisturizer. I wear this while I'm just at home and I've been applying
this at night with my nightly skincare routine. This isn't a harsh stain that will stay forever. 
It may tint your lips a little, but it doesn't stay long and can easily be covered with a different lip product. 





A little "before and after " of my hair:
after

before



(5) Entia Vitamin B After Work Soothing Mask
(Facetory) 

I've loved every mask I've tried that has came in my facetory
boxes. As you can see in the pictures above, I had a lot of breakouts 
around my chin area and my forehead was feeling a little dry. I chose this mask
because its benefits are hydrating and helping with those problem areas after a 
long week with trouble skin. This had a normal sheet mask feel to it. It smelled
great, really hydrated, and brought a glow to my skin. 











(6) Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel(BirchBox)

Even though my skin was pretty hydrated after the mask, I still used a little of this
gel to try it out. I'm really loving all these gel moisturizers! I liked the feel of this one,
but it was hard to tell how much I liked it since I tried it after a hydrating mask. 


(7) Evelyn Iona Green Tea Primer 
(Lip Monthly)

I was so excited to try this primer out! I've never received a
primer in a subscription before and with this being my first month
of Lip Monthly, I'm impressed! Unfortunately, I couldn't really see
a difference in how my makeup applied on it and the other issues that could
have been from this products will be in a final thoughts.


(8) Hey Honey Trick or Treat Cream Concealer
(Ipsy)


Since this concealer is just dark enough to be too dark, I added this 
on top of my primer before my foundation. It really didn't have a lot of coverage. 
I feel like the only reason I would use this product would be because of 
breakouts since it has acne-fighting treatment in it. 


(9) Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation (R230)(Play! by Sephora)

I really hoped this would match me, but I already knew it wouldn't.
I'm too pale. I never match any foundation samples that are sent
like this unless it has more than one shade.
I was surprised that it wasn't too far off. Don't get me wrong, I was
a little too dark for my normal skin-tone, but the finish on this was nice.
This is a foundation I would want to look into more to purchase my
correct shade. 
(10)  Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter
(Boxy Charm)

Another reason my foundation was a little too dark was because I mixed this
highlighting liquid in with it. I liked the glow from this, but it was a little too
much. Especially for the fall time. I think this will make a perfect summer glow
product! 





(11) Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops (Moonlight)(Play! by Sephora)

I was really torn between the Becca highlight and these
enhancer drops, so I used both! I applied this on the high-
points of my face as my highlight for the day. I barely used
any of this and it is definitely a "BAM" highlight. I think
it will look more natural mixed in with foundation, but it is
a really pretty highlighter. A tiny bit goes a long way, so I'm happy that even
this little sample will last me a long time!





(12) Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder 
(Play! by Sephora)

After applying all my liquid products,
I powdered my face to keep everything in place with
this translucent powder. I already have the full size of this
and it is one of my favorites! This is the only powder I'll
use to "bake" under my eyes. 












(13) Morphe PK14
(Morphe Me)

These first two face brushes are a little strange to me. 
I can't figure out if I would like this more for powder or blush.
I used this with my translucent setting powder today and it applied well,
just not like my typical powder brushes. I honestly don't think this
Pk line is "dense" enough. They're all so pretty and I'll definitely keep trying them out!










(14) Morphe PK4
(Morphe Me)

Just like the one above ,I wish it was a little more
dense. I could honestly only see myself using this with my blush.
I used this to apply my contour shade to my cheekbones and I just wasn't a
fan. I did enjoy using this as a blush brush though.


(15) Coastal Scents Blush & Bronzer Palette 
(BirchBox)

You can see a better picture of these in my "unboxing" blog.
These two shades weren't too bad, but maybe not something I 
would
reach for a lot. I felt like the pigment wasn't there in the contour shade and I had
to keep adding. The blush was a pretty shade and I had to go in light-handed
with that one. I will probably pop these into a z-palette with face powders for
traveling. 


I used this Anastasia Beverly Hills (taupe) brow
duo powder (that I already own) on my brows.


(16) Morphe PK45
(Morphe Me)

I did like this brush, but since I have a few other
brow brushes that also have spoolies on the end
I feel like I'll more than likely reach for them instead.
I think this angled brush would be good for gel
eye liner pots.


Kat Von D Saint & Sinner Palette
 ( I already own).
Kat Von D Saint & Sinner Palette
 ( I already own).
























(shade/ which side/ what row going down/ left to right)

Eyes:
Base - Amen (matte pale cream/ left side/ third row/ third shade over )
Crease & blended up - Martyr (matte mustard brown/ right side/ third row/ first shade)
Same as previous shade - Devil ( matte burnt orange/ right side/ third row/ second shade)
Crease - Immaculate (metallic army green/ left side/ second row/ second shade)
Blend more - Devil ( matte burnt orange/ right side/ third row/ second shade)
(17) Morphe PK36
(Morphe Me)

I really liked this brush for blending in my crease. I didn't
mind the eye brushes being so soft. 
Lid - Amen  (matte pale cream/ left side/ third row/ third shade over )
Blend Blend Blend
Brow bone & Inner corner - Amen  
(matte pale cream/ left side/ third row/ third shade over )




(18) Morphe PK524
(Morphe Me)

I like the softness of these eye brushes. This one really packed the
pigments on my eyes and I'm really pleased with both eye brushes.


I used this Pixi setting spray before adding
my eye liners and mascara so nothing would
smear (I already own this).
(19) Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (black)
(BirchBox)

I might have not been a fan of Eyekos mascara,
but this liquid liner is really good! It may not be the best
liner for a wing, but I like using it to coat above my lashes or cover the
bands of my falsies!
(20) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (Perversion) 
(Ipsy)

This pencil had pigment! It glided on with no tugging or without
a lot of pressure. The wearing time on this wasn't good for me. I
was outside most of the day, but barely sweated at all.
I'm pretty bummed, but I'm sure I'll give it another try.


(21) Tarte Lifted Sweat-proof Mascara
(Ipsy)


The last eye product was this tarte mascara. I love Tarte, 
but I'm not a fan of this. I felt like I didn't get any volume or 
length added to my lashes. I didn't like the brown tint for a full-
face look like this. I could see myself throwing this on for around the house
or for running to the store, but even then not often. 
I was disappointed with this item.

(22) Jonteblu Lip Liner Pencil (brown sugar)
(Boxy Charm)

I wasn't crazy about this color on me, but with the
lippie I paired it up with it looked good. I was able to
overdraw my lips a little.  This pencil had a nice formula. It glided on without trouble. 








(23) Vixen
(Kiss Me)

Out of my 3 shades I got this month,
the only shade I see myself wearing is the deep red for the fall time.
With Halloween 
around the corner, I thought
it would be good to sport one of the others for this look.
I was actually surprised by how much I liked such a dark lip on myself.
Just like I've said before, I really like their formula too!
(24) Chanel "Gabrielle Chanel"(Play! by Sephora)
My little added perfume sample is a nice one. It's a little
strong, but definitely wearable. 















(25) Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint (homeslice) 
(Boxy Charm)

Since we were going out for a family day I decided to try out
one of the lighter lip shades I received to wear for the day. I love
Tarte's lip products already so much! This is such a gorgeous peachy nude
and I feel like it made my face look more toned down.







before




after


Final Thoughts:

Looking in the mirror at the end of the day, I was not happy. My face was a total mess. As disappointing as that is, I still stand by what I thought about each product, but I will be trying these out for future mini reviews to get down to the bottom of each one on if I like it or if I'll pass on it. I'm really not sure if it was the primer not keeping it in place, the foundation not wearing long, or too many highlight add ins, etc. I loved the finished look I got, but not what I was left with hours later. It was fun trying out so many new products to me, but it's really hard to tell how much you love a product without using it with some of your usual go-to products. 
Look out for some of these products in future mini reviews if you're interested in them. 

Please don't mind the workout clothes. I went for a "comfy GRWM" today.

Here is the links for all the subscriptions I mentioned in this blog:





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als