Skip to main content

Physician Formula Touch of Glo Foundation Review + Tutorial



Physician Formula Touch of Glo Foundation Review + Tutorial:







  • Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist
Face Products:



  • Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist
  • EOS Lip Balm
  • First Aid Beauty Oil-Free Mattifying Gel
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • Physicians Formula Touch of Glow Foundation (Ivory)



  • EOS Lip Balm
  • First Aid Beauty Oil-Free Mattifying Gel



  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • Physicians Formula Touch of Glow Foundation (Ivory)









I'm going to start this review off by saying this foundation really frustrates me!! 
The formula is amazing! It's more on the light to medium coverage, but just glows! 
I love Physicians Formula and all of their great ingredients, but the shades are awful. 
I mean this is IVORY.. No this is not... 
I first wore this and thought it was great: it felt light on my face, I was glowy, I didn't need too much coverage the time, and it was a great foundation day. After about 20 minutes I looked in the mirror, and although it still looked great, my face and neck was so dark compared to my chest and rest of my body! I automatically just thought I had to have gotten the wrong shade, but was confused since it looked great earlier in my "good lighting" spot while applying it. 
Fast forward a few weeks and I'm self-tanned, so I figure I might as well try it out again. It applies amazingly. I look dewy and glowy.. Still not the fullest coverage as you can see, but still isn't bad. Then, IT DOES THE SAME THING.. This foundation oxidizes on my skin so bad. This is such a bummer since I love the formula and there isn't a huge selection of shades. By the end of this tutorial you will see what I mean. I didn't think it would be as bad with tanner on, but it still got too dark for the rest of my (currently tanned) body. The formula itself stays well and worked great with my concealer and setting powder. I even baked under my eyes with no issues. I applied this foundation with Beauty Blender.





Face Products Continued:

  • Tarte Shape Tape (fair)
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Face Powder
  • ABH Brow Definer (taupe) 

    • Tarte Shape Tape (fair)



  • Laura Mercier Translucent Face Powder

  • ABH Brow Definer (taupe) 
Face Brushes Used:
Beauty Blender
XO Beauty Vegan Powder 
XO Beauty Vegan Bronzer
Luxie Lush 504 Large Angled 
XO Beauty Vegan Shimmer Tulip









Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol. 1.




  • Base: Sand (blue square) I applied this all in my crease, over my lids, and blended up the eye as well.
  • Transition: Cove (green square) I applied just in my crease and blended upward to start my eye look off with a transition shade.
  • Outer Crease: Reef (yellow square) I applied just in the outer crease very lightly, just to darken that part of the eye a little. 
  • Highlight & Lid: Sand (same blue square as before) I applied on the brow bone and the very inner corner then I applied it all over the lid.
  • Middle of Lid: Mermaid (purple square) I patted just in the center of the lid. 
  • Blend where it is needed! 

I added some L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise to finish the eyes. 

 L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise

Eye Brushes Used:
XO Beauty Vegan Blender
Royal & Langnickl Precision Angled
Urban Decay Blender
XO Beauty Vegan Eyeshadow  




(blush: Pamplemousse) bottom left.


Becca X Jaclyn Hill


Face Products Continued:

  • Becca X Jaclyn Hill (blush: Pamplemousse) bottom left
  • Pixie Bronzer (Summertime)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil (Ozone)
  • Maybelline Matte (675 Faint For Fuchsia) 
  • Mac Fix +



  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil (Ozone)
  • Maybelline Matte (675 Faint For Fuchsia) 


  • Pixie Bronzer (Summertime)







  • Mac Fix +






Finished Look:




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als