Skip to main content

October 2017 Subscriptions Unboxing


October 2017  Subscriptions Unboxing




Facetory 

Facetory is a sheet masks subscription with (your choice of) 4 to 7 masks in a box each month. The 4 pack is $5.95 a month (retails for $12.50) and the 7 pack is $15.95 a month (retails for $33.00). There is also a shipping fee of $2.95 (4 pack) and $3.95 (7 pack).  I'm subscribed to the 7 Lux masks for each month. You can see me trying some of these out in upcoming blogs or on my instastories (@allisonhunt_2).           

This month's theme is for Breast Cancer Awareness! 3% of the payments of every October Facetory Subscriptions was donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I really love how they included that for this month. 
Each months box also includes a sheet explaining the benefits for each mask you received and what it retails for. This is only my second box with Facetory, but this is a subscription I plan to keep. I've been really satisfied with my September sheet masks!

October's Sheet Masks:
Dewytree Hyaluron Melting-Chou Mask  $4.00
Polatam Brightening Water Gel Extra Force Mask  $5.50
Entia Vitamin B After Work Soothing Mask  $3.50
Lyajin Brightening Mi Mask  $4.00 
A. by Bom Super Power Baby Doll 3 Step Ultra Moisture Mask  $4.50
Skin deCeleb ICU Cool Down Rubber Mask  $8.50
Wangskin White Flower Mask Pack  $3.00

Total Box Value: $33.00



Ipsy Glam Bag

If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample sized beauty products. I've been getting one for two and an half  years  now. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my October 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below).

October's Glam Bag theme is Spellbound and I love this cute bag with the look of lace with the little black bat zipper. For the past couple of years my October bag has been my favorites! I was so excited to see what this years would be. 
(1) BioRepublic Skincare 
*Cucumber Breeze Soothing Sheet Mask
*Pomegranate Crush Illuminatiing Sheet Mask

These are nice to receive in a subscription, but I have to say I am a little
bummed to get these when I already get sheet masks from Facetory. 
I still can't complain it was nice to get two and I can never have enough sheet masks.

These retail at $9.98 (together)
(2) Tarte Lifted Sweatproof Mascara

I'm pretty sure they send me a new mascara to try out every month.
I honestly have no issue with this. I love trying out new mascaras and I've really
have become a mascara junkie lately. This mascara is brown (that's what it looks like
anyways), but it's from Tarte so I'm hoping this won't be a letdown.

Full size: $23.00
My sample: $10.00
(3) hey honey Trick And Treat Cream Concealer 

This is a cream concealer with active propolis with treatment benefits.
I've tried a few things from this brand and I really loved them. Their daily serum is amazing.
I'm super excited to try this out, but I'm even more excited at the fact that Ipsy sent a concealer!
It's not the lightest shade (for my skin-tone ) so I wouldn't be able to brighten up high
points of my face with this product, but I think this will match my skin enough to conceal
any blemishes.

Full size: $36.00
My sample: $19.20





(4) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (Perversion)

I know..I know.. Another black eyeliner from a $10 subscription, but I can't complain when it's
from UD. This glided on the back of my hand so soft and smoothly! I really think this will be a great eyeliner for the
water-line and tight-line!

Full size: $20.00
My sample: $15.00
(5) MDM flow Matte Liquid Lipstick (Retro)

I've never heard of this brand before, but seeing their prices they must be a
pretty good brand. I believe this is a full size and that's amazing to get this in a
$10 subscription bag. I really like this shade too!

This retails for $23.37


Final thoughts:
I'm really impressed with Ipsy once again this month! These are products I know I'll use and they're all new to me so thats a plus! I'm pretty sure value wise, this is the most my bag has ever been! 
October's Bag Total: $77.55





Play! by Sephora 


  Play! by Sephora is a $10.00 (plus tax) monthly subscription where you get "most popular" item samples from Sephora. You are supposed to get 5 deluxe samples and 1 fragrance sample. This is an awesome way for you to try out "trending" product before purchasing the full sizes. You also get a play! card each month to take to Sephora with your next purchase to get an extra 50 points on your account. This month's bag is a white canvas with 3 women sporting different complexions with "Public Display Of Complexion" theme.

This bag is always a surprise. They email you with one "sneak peak" of just one of your items. Besides that I didn't know the theme or any other items until I got it in the mail. I'm all about the sneak peaks, but I really did enjoy being surprised with this one! I'm going to spoil it now and tell you my bag this month is pretty great!



(1) Becca First Light Filter Face Primer

I actually already have a sample of this in my "new" drawer, but I still haven't
tried it out. I've been testing out a few other primers for upcoming reviews so I
just haven't had the chance lately. I am all about these glow/dewy primers though!
I love Becca products so I'm sure this will be a hit for me!

Full size: $38.00
My sample: $4.70


(2) Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation (R230)

This is yet again another sample that I already have,
but haven't tested out. My other sample is actually the
same color as this one. The reason holding me back is
because I think the shade is off from my skin-tone.
With that being said I still plan to use this for my
"try-on" blog for this month's subscriptions. I
love foundation samples, but I'm so fair that I never
get the correct shade.

Full size: $43.00
My sample: $6.80
(3) Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder 

I already own and love the full size of this product. This is one of my go-to
setting powders. All the hype is true this is an amazing powder! This is my all-time
favorite powder for "baking" under my eyes that I've tried so far!

Full size: $38.00
My sample: $8.90


(4) Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops (Moonlight)

I've been wanting to try these enhancer drops for some time now, but I never know what
shade would suit me best. Cover FX does have a holiday set of 4 (deluxe sized) out at the price of one regular
and I plan on ordering that if I enjoy this using this sample! This is so pigmented and as you can see by the swatch
it's absolutely stunning!

Full size: $42.00
My sample: $8.00










(5) Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Skin-Booster Serum

I've heard really great things about this product
hydrating and plumping your face well before adding your
usual primer and starting your makeup. My skin goes through a
lot of dry spells so I'm really looking forward to having this for
those times!

Full size: $41.00
My sample: $15.30




My perfume sample for this month is
Chanel "Gabrielle Chanel"
Final thoughts:
This month's play! was definitely a great one! I'm so excited to try these out. I'm most excited about the enhancer products such as the Becca primer, MUFE skin-booster serum, & Cover FX drops!

Total Value: $43.70 (plus the perfume!) 
(The prices was figured up by math comparing the full size (oz. and/or ml) with the samples.) 



Boxy Charm

Boxy Charm is a $21 monthly subscription beauty box that normally is worth over $100! They also have a 3 month and 6 month program so you can pay for 3-6 months at a time and save a little money. I'm enrolled for every 3 months for $59. This means I just pay in advance for 3 months of boxes. After 3 months I'll be charged the $59 again for the next three. 
Boxy Charm is really hyped about on social media and any beauty platforms for subscription boxes. Everyone literally says, "I don't know how they do it" because they send all full size and some high-end products at their low cost!

This is my first box ever and I'm so excited about what I received. This month's box is also themed Spellbound this month.






(1) Dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion
This is a pore-perfecting facial exfoliant. I've gotten
a couple other samples from this brand from other
subscription boxes, but never this exact product.
I'm really excited that this is for pores because that's
what I'm really needing in my skincare routine.
This is an awesome item to receive with how
expensive dr. brandt products are, but I'm going to
be "one of those" people and tell you that this
tube is maybe halfway filled. That's kind
of a bummer. It's one thing to receive a sample
from them, but don't claim to have "full-size"
products and fill them only halfway. I'm
still excited to try this out.

Retails: $58.00




(2) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter

I originally received the pressed highlighter, but since
I already own the pressed in this shade (in my
Becca X Jaclyn Hill face palette) and my sister
in law was really hoping she would receive the
pressed one, we traded. I've never tried a liquid
highlight from Becca and I'm not going to lie I'm a little
intimidated by how it swatched on my hand.
I'm hoping it's not too dark for me.
I can say it's gorgeous!

Retails: $41.00


(3) Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint (homeslice) 

I'm already such a huge fan of the formula
of these lip paints, but I'm happy with the shade I received
as well. I saw some people receiving extremely pale nudes
and I was afraid a shade like that would wash me out. This one
is a pretty peachy nude.

Retails: $20.00




(4) ncLA "Nailed It" Tool Kit 

I personally would've liked to receive the highlight stick others were getting
in place for this kit. This is just something I won't reach for that often.

Retails: $18.00

(I think these were just created for these boxes, but I'm sure you could find this
on a trade/sale site if you're interested.)




(5)  Jonteblu Lip Liner Pencil (brown sugar)

My collection of lip liners is a little sad, so I'm always happy to
receive/try out new ones! Most of my eyeliners have come from subscriptions.
I would love to start getting more lip liners too. This one is a deep brown shade and
went on the back of my hand easily with pigment. The color is different, but
definitely something I would try out.

Retails: $5.00



Final thoughts:
 I'm pretty impressed with my first Boxy Charm! I'm not going to lie, I was a expecting a better
item in place of the nail kit. The value of this box and the rest of the products I got makes this months worth it though!

Box total value: $142.00






Morphe Me 

Morphe Me is a monthly makeup brush subscription. 
This brush subscription is $19.99 a month and it claims to send brushes around the $30.00 mark.   This month Morphe is also supporting Breast Cancer Awareness with these pretty pink brushes. This set comes with five brushes. Two face brushes, an eyebrow brush, and two other eye brushes.
I believe these are a one time deal with Morphe Me so I won't have links with these like the others.



(1) Morphe PK14

This is a tapered powder brush to blend out powder foundations, blush,
or setting powder. I personally see myself using this type of brush for
setting powders only. 


(2) Morphe PK4

This is a contour blush brush. This one would be good for exactly that;
blush and contour. With how soft the bristles are I would use this for blush.


(3) Morphe PK524

This is a standard "shadow" brush. I like to use these brushes to highlight
the brow bone or to pack on color on my lids. With how fluffy and
soft this brush is I wouldn't use this like a normal shadow brush, but more
like an extra blender. I think this may apply shadow well to the lid though.
(4) Morphe PK36

This is your average blender eye brush. This will work great to blend out
any harsh lines and/or to start your eye look with a transition shade. 
(5) Morphe PK45

This is an angled brow brush. I use these for my powder brow products.
These also work great for brow pomades and even gel eye liner pots to draw
 on your wings. 
Final thoughts:
These brushes are so soft and beautiful. I wish the face ones were a little more dense. I also feel like the handles are a little cheaply (I'm sure since it's a one time thing)  made  and not like their normal 
heavier handles. 



Kiss Me







Kiss Me is another subscription through LiveGlam. This is also $19.99 (a month) and you receive 3 new lippies each month. They a 3 new shades that have never been sent before. These are created through LiveGlam so you won't be receiving other brand lipsticks, but the quality of these are really good and smell just like cupcakes! Since these are one time shades I won't be able to link these. You can always subscribe and trade out colors for previous months. I'll link that below. 

This month is Trick Or Treat and comes with three Vampy and/or Halloween shades. 



The first swatch (lift side) is Poison Apple and is a deep red. 
Next we have Magic and it's a gold metallic gloss. 
Lastly, Vixen the dark vampy purple. 

Final thoughts:
The red and purple are both mattes. These are gorgeous Halloween shades,
but I would even rock these during the fall time in general. These are not in my comfort zone for shades, but I'm happy with these for Halloween time! No complaints here. I'm excited to try them out!









BirchBox
BirchBox is a $10 a month subscription. In a lot of ways this is just like Ipsy, but in a box instead of a bag. They send 4-5 samples each month. This is my first month with birchbox and I'm really just trying it out for a couple months to see if it's something that would be worth keeping. This months theme is Behind the Scenes









(1) Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 

My hair is already in love with batiste dry shampoo,
but I'm still excited to try this brand out! The smell is
a little too strong, but it's a nice smell.

Full size: $22.00
My sample: $10.00





(2) Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle 
My hair is usually not too bad. It's straight and thick, but I'm a mom so my hair is normally thrown up in a pony tail or bun. On occasion (since my hair is so thick) I will need to use a detangle product so this will be handy. I like this site for traveling too! This product smells amazing!

Full size: $23.50
My sample: $5.00


(3) Coastal Scents Blush & Bronzer Palette 

I received these two shades from the palette. These aren't the biggest samples,
but I think I'll be able to get my face brushes in the pans just fine. The shades look
nice, but a little dark for my skin-tone. I think they will work if I use them
light-handed.

Palette: $19.95
My samples: $4.00








(4) Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (black)

I feel like we get way too many black eyeliners in $10 subscriptions.
I'm a little more excited that this one is a liquid though. I wasn't a huge fan of the
eyeko mascara I recently reviewed, but I'm still willing to try this one out.

Full size: $22.00
My sample: $11.00


(5) Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel

That name is insane. I'm really curious about the
"energizing" part of this moisturizing gel. I've
never tried one with that claim to it.

Full size: $27.00
My sample: $3.40


My free sample for joining birchbox!

Final thoughts:
 I honestly don't know my thoughts on this box yet. I don't think I'll be able to determine if this box was worth it until I try these products out. I've either never tried them or I've never even heard of the brand. Like the others I'll link this one down below. 
Box total value: $33.40 (plus the free Stila sample!)




Lip Monthly





At this point I know I have a problem, but this is my last subscription of this past month.
Lip Monthly is exactly that. Every month you receive 4-5  products. Every product is a lip item except one and that item can be any kind of product beauty related. This is a $12.95 ??? subscription bag. If you use the code "Liplover" you can receive your first bag for only $5! 








(1) IBY Lipstick (Mardi Gras) 

This is a bright "high intensity" purple lipstick. This swatches really pigmented
and creamy. I love purples, but usually a little deeper in color. This maybe a little
too bright for me, but I still plan on trying it out. This has the usual lipstick scent
with just a slight sweet smell.

Retails: $12.00






(2) Peony Cosmetics Lip Stain (Pulp)

I'm not a huge fan of lip stains. This is a pretty shade and
smells so good, but I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it.
If it works more like a balm then I know I'll love this for the fall/winter
time when my lips start to dry out and all I want to wear out is
liquid lipsticks.

Retails: $18.00



(3) Triffle Lip Crayon (Matte Decadence) 

This is a matte pink lip crayon. This is another product I don't really
reach for. I would prefer to apply an actual lipstick or a liquid lipstick. The color
of this is really pretty so I may still try it out or use it as a lip liner. It swatches well
and does have a matte pigment.

Retails: $18.00




(4) Evelyn Iona Green Tea Primer 

I've never received a primer in any subscription boxes before.
I'm super excited about this! I've never heard of this brand, but this
is the full size and it's a little pricey so hopefully that's a good thing.
This doesn't have a strong smell, but it does smell a little fresh.
This comes out as a white cream that turns clear while you rub
it into your skin. When I applied this to the back of my hand it
had a little cooling feeling to it. My hand didn't feel "tacky." It
was more moisturized feeling and smooth.
The only downside to this product is the tube doesn't feel that full.

Retails: $29.50













Final thoughts:
I only received 4 products in my first bag. These products all seem good, but I've literally have never heard of any of these brands. I love trying out new brands, but sometimes it's nice to receive stuff from brands you know. The cool part about this bag is that all these brands seem like indie brands and from what I seen these were vegan and cruelty-free. This is great and definitely worth my first month's payment of $5. I will most definitely try these products out and more than likely try this subscription out again next month! Also, the bag is cute, but it doesn't seem like they switch it up all that much. 

Total bag value: $77.50





The look I created using these products mentioned:


Here is the links for all the subscriptions I mentioned in this blog:














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als