Skip to main content

Mini Reviews: e.l.f., Wet n Wild, Ulta Beauty, The Balm, & MUFE 

Mini Reviews: e.l.f., Wet n Wild, Ulta Beauty, The Balm, & MUFE





About two months ago, I bought this hoping to find a good drugstore primer and because I heard a lot of people really liked e.l.f. primer. I'm not exactly sure if this is the same one being raved about (I know they have a few), but I found this one and tried it out. I literally broke out in a rash all on the lower part of my face. This was the only "new to me" product that I was trying on that day on my face, so obviously I blamed the cause on this primer and chucked it away in my drawer. Then, a couple weeks ago I happened to come across it and decided to give it another go.  No breakout or rash and I actually liked how my makeup looked each day I used this. I'm still unsure about the reaction I had before, but it hasn't happened again. Although this seems like a pretty good drugstore primer, I'm still not a huge fan. My biggest reason being the way it feels on my face. To me it's too thick and heavy, and heavy silicone primers are not something I love unless they're really good (like Smashbox) and even then I rarely reach for them on a day to day basis. I think this is something nice to have on hand that is cheap and does make your makeup look good and stay in place. If you're like me and don't like that heavy feel I wouldn't bother with this primer. 


























Products reviewed that are in this look:
e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer
MUFE Excessive Lash Mascara

Tutorial: Autumn Glam 
Products reviewed that are in this look:
e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer


Tutorial: L'oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte Foundation Review + Simple Everyday Makeup Look 







When purchasing this highlight I thought it was just too pretty to pass up. Wet n Wild price range is so affordable so it wouldn't be a huge loss if it didn't work out. The reason I say this is because I absolutely love highlighters, but gold ones usually just don't work out with my skin tone and I was afraid this might be too gold for my liking. Thankfully, I was wrong! I ended up really loving this affordable highlight. I still have my favorites, but this one is close up there for a blinding highlight. I love that the formula is very buildable so I am able to wear it as a settle look or as a blinding look. 


Products reviewed that are in this look:
Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder
(precious petals)
Products reviewed that are in this look:
Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder
(precious petals)

Products reviewed that are in this look:
Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder
(precious petals)


tutorial: Edgy Eye Look 
Products reviewed that are in this look:Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder
(precious petals)


tutorial: Edgy Eye Look 









Ulta Beauty Juice Infused Lip Oil (Sweet Rose)

I'm not sure when I got this lip oil. It must have been free with an Ulta purchase because I know I personally didn't buy it. I didn't even know they had their own lip oils. I feel like this is a popular product right now. I keep seeing different brands launching new lip oils. I'm not a huge fan of lip oils for a daily wear, but I wanted to try this one out because my lips were in bad shape and so dry. Let me tell you, this formula is thick, but it's really not sticky. It feels more like a gloss than an oil. I wore this around the house one day and did touch ups when needed. I swear this was like a hydrating mask for your lips! This has done wonders to my lips (as you can see I've used quite a bit of this for only using it for two weeks now) and I wear it everyday as a prep for my lips while applying my makeup. I wipe it off right before applying whatever lip product I'll wear for the day. Also if you don't like the feeling of these, I like to put it on right before I go to bed as well and my lips feel nourished and hydrated in the morning! I believe they have different scents. I just have sweet rose the pink one, but once I run out I'm sure I'll try out some of the others too. The scent really isn't too strong and there isn't a taste to it. I really like the flat applicator. These are not a plumping product so they're not minty or tingly. 






This was such a huge fail for me. I hate to be that way because I have some products from The Balm that I love so much, but this pencil was a definite dud for me. I got this in an Ipsy Bag and I'm not sure if this is how the actual product is, or if it was on Ipsy's end, or if it just dried out and was a dud from the get-go. Nevertheless, it was very disappointing. As you can see this shade is a light brown with a metallic gold look to it. This is definitely something I would use in my waterline. While waiting to apply it, it had absolutely no pigment. I would then run it on the back of my hand and nothing. Then I pressed down hard on the back of my hand and got the marks that are in the picture below. Pretty color, but there's no way I can or will press down that hard on my eye to get a color pay out. This one is heading to my "empties" bag. 



Tutorial:
Warm-tone Eyes




I honestly don't know why this mascara wasn't in my last favorites because I used this sample so much last month. It's no L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise, but it is still an awesome mascara! This mascara gives a more simple everyday look. I feel like it separates my lashes and adds some in length. This isn't my typical go-to mascara wand, but I do like how it's slimmer than most of my regular ones and I really feel that's what separates my lashes so well. This is a good mascara to try out if you're looking for a new one. 


Products reviewed that are in this look:
e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer
MUFE Excessive Lash Mascara

Tutorial: Autumn Glam 
Products reviewed that are in this look:
e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer
MUFE Excessive Lash Mascara

Tutorial: Autumn Glam 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als