Skip to main content

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol. 3 Palette Review

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol. 3 Palette Review

I know I probably talk way too much about Tarte products, but I'm always going to want to try products that I think I'll love and Tarte never fails me. Some might say that these Rainforest of the Sea palettes are a little bland, but I personally love them. I feel like they could've added a little more pops of color. The reason I'm not too upset with that is because of the Make Believe in Yourself palette that they launched before these. It has so many fun shades to play with and I actually reviewed that palette as well. I'll link it below if you're interested. I like that these are a range of different neutral shades to use on a day to day basis. I also love the size of these, which makes them great for traveling! I also had to mention how adorably cute the packaging on these are! I know that's not as important as the actual product, but you can't deny that you wouldn't want these after seeing them.  These palettes are supposed to represent a beachy summer theme (I'm assuming here by their shade names). Even though they could really work for the summer time, I feel that they could easily help you achieve an autumn smoky eye, and that's why I still decided to do these reviews on them.


I've been a little behind getting this palette review on Vol. 3 done, but let me tell you this palette is just as gorgeous as the others! I feel like this isn't an ideal palette for traveling and using on its own like the other two volumes are. The reason I say this is because this whole palette is pretty much shimmery! There is one matte cream shade in this palette that you can use (I did use for the two looks I created using this palette only) as a base and transition. I like my transition shades to be a little darker, but I love this for a base shade! I feel like this volume has the most "summer vibes" to me and I probably won't be reaching for this palette much more until the spring and summer come back around. I created two looks (below) just using this palette. That's how I do all of these "palette reviews" right? I have to stick to the same. I did use every shade (in just two looks like the other two volumes!) and it was a challenge! These are gorgeous shades. They have pigmentation and look amazing on the eyes! It's just hard to create a look with so many shimmers. Both of these eye looks ended up being more of a "natural eye" or even a "glowy summer look", but I still wanted to finish these reviews. A few of the shimmer shades I had a hard time using with a brush. I honestly thought this palette may be a dud compared to the last two. After applying the shades with my finger they looked amazing! So there's 1 matte and 7 shimmers. There is a nice color range through the shimmers, but again all warm-tone neutral shades. I think this palette is perfect for when you're searching for that perfect shimmer shade to finish a look. This won't be one I travel with or use again by itself, but with other palettes and/or single shadows I will definitely get use out of this! 

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol. 2 is a 8/10 for me! 

This palette is $36.00 and you can find it on Tarte or Sephora. 













Look 1: Natural Eye Look // Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Palette Vol. 3





Shades Used: 



Tiki, Heat wave, Malibu, & Escape.



















Look 2:



Shades Used:

Tiki, Jewel, Rays, Compass, & Treasure.













Shades From left to right: 

Treasure, Jewel, Compass, Rays, Malibu, Heat Wave, Tiki, & Escape.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als