Skip to main content

October 2017 Beauty Favorites



October 2017 Beauty Favorites



Better late than never, right? I finally had the time to go through these products and show you my favorites from the month of October. I honestly only think one of these products has been mentioned in a "favorites" (since I've been blogging) before. 

Face:

I always start with my face products.
 These are the ones that I've used nonstop and/or will be using for awhile. 





 Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation 

The first time I wore this I wasn't for sure if I truly liked this enough to wear it all the time. The coverage is what won me over! I will say I've looked a little "cakey" wearing this before. The key is "less is more", for real though. The smell still gets to me, but I don't seem to notice it once all my makeup is applied. Regardless, this past month I've been all about the coverage and this foundation has been a go-to.


Garnier Moisture Bomb

This is my first ever gel moisturizer I've tried. I wasn't disappointed! I got this sample a few weeks back and it's already almost out! This sinks right into my skin and really keeps it hydrated. I definitely want the full-size of this product!



 Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette 

I've been late to jumping on the Shade & Light Contour bandwagon, but this has been a pretty good palette. It does have a few cons, but what I've been wanting is a strong contour and bright under eyes. This palette has done that for me! 

I just reviewed this setting powder and I'll link that below, but I really like this powder! 
It makes my skin look so smooth and keeps my makeup in place all day! I'm still not sure if I like this one over the Laura Mercier powder, but I've definitely been using this one more lately. 



 L'oreal Infallibile Pro-Matte Foundation 

This product has been mentioned in a "favorites" before I believe, but with all the fall matte looks I've been dreaming about I got this foundation back out! Every time I apply this I still can't believe it's a drugstore foundation! The coverage is great!
 Revlon Youth FX Fill + Blur Primer 

I'm really working on perfecting my skincare everyday. My pores have been awful for months now. I ordered a few different pore primers to try out, but this was sent to me in a Ulta Beauty bag that came with an order so I decided to try it out. As you can see in my previous "Mini Reviews" I absolutely am loving this product! This has been making my makeup look flawless without a bunch of pores showing through my foundation.


 Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops 

I received these drops (moonlight) in October's Play! by Sephora box. I kept putting off buying these myself because for one, the cost and for two, I just thought these would be more of an oil. I wasn't into that look. I was pleasantly surprised that these really aren't that oily and they dry down. These are gorgeous on their own as a highlight (but blinding!) or still beautiful mixed in primer or foundation. Even this tiny sample bottle will last me a long time, so now I'm looking into more of their shade range.





Eyes:

The eye products aren't  too intense this month. I just wanted to mention a couple new mascaras, a couple eye palettes I've been loving, and an interesting eye liner. 



 Kat Von D Saint & Sinner Palette 

I finally bought this palette about a month ago and I've been trying it out through October. Some of the looks I've created have been a hit-or-miss, but the ones that were hits I loved so much that this palette made it into my favorites. This palette is great for all the pops of colors, but the shades I've been loving the most have been the more toned down ones like the army green, the burnt orange, and the plain light cream shades. They've been perfect for fall looks!


 Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette 

It usually takes me a few times wearing products to really know if I like them or not. Not with this palette. The very first shade I started to blend in my crease I knew I would love this palette. It has now become a favorite of mine, not only for October, but for my palette collection. This is a must-have autumn palette!




 
 Too Faced I want Kandee (Candy Liner Black Liquorice Eyeliner)

This very interesting eye liner is from the limited edition Too Faced line with Kandee Johnson. I'm not going to lie, when I seen her line launch I just didn't really fall in love with any of it. I even swatched some in an Ulta and still wasn't too impressed. That was until I seen the applicator on this eye liner and knew I needed to try it out! I really like this product! I don't know about you, but I have days when I really want a wing added to my look and I'm just not in the mood to fight with getting two identical wings. With this applicator it has been a breeze! I really hate that this liner is limited edition. I'm not sure about the formula yet since I am still trying this out, but I'll be posting a review on it soon enough!






 Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara 

Another super interesting product I stumbled across is this new mascara from Mac. The bigger wand goes into the tube and the smaller wand goes into the bigger wand. The bigger wand for your top lashes isn't bad, but not my favorite. Now the smaller wand for your bottom lashes is the show stopper for this mascara. I absolutely love it!
 Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara 

This mascara is newer, but has been out for a little while now. This really doesn't give me as much volume as I would like, but I still find myself reaching for this on a day-to-day basis. I love how it separates my lashes and doesn't get clumpy! I'll post my review on this product below.


Lips:

For the most part my lips have been light pink, nude, and occasionally red. I've also have been into lip care since fall weather is upon us and my lips are starting to dry out! 
You'll more than likely be seeing more darks, reds, purples, and vampy shades in my November Favorites. 


Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (not swatched) 

(Swatches top to bottom) 





I've been using the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Masks just about every night to treat my dry lips.
The Peony Cosmetics Lip Stain I've been using more like a balm during the day. They're both super nourishing and helping my lips overcome this weather!
I've been loving the Tarte Holiday Lip Sculptor Set and this past month I used the pinky nude (quest) and the red burgundy (bangle) the most out of the set. I love that they're a lipstick/gloss duo. I love lipsticks so much, but again with dried lips sometimes a nice gloss looks better and covers your battered lips a little more.
When I have had the chance (without having lip issues) I've been using this dark nude (Bombshell)  liquid Lipstick  from Huda Beauty. I had never tried their formula before, but I'm in love! This lippie stays all day! 



Brushes:

This month I wanted to share another brush (like I did last months favorites) that I've been using so much! I received this in a past Morphe Me subscription and this is a flat top foundation brush. This isn't too dense like some of my other flat top brushes, but this still gets the job done! Instead of stifling my foundation on, I have to buff it around more like I'm using a rounded brush instead. It's a little odd, but my foundation has been looking flawless when I apply it with this brush. I really like the L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation with this brush. If you have this brush and that foundation you should try it out! I did link this brush right under this. The handle on the one on their website looks a little different, but the bristles are the same!






I hope you enjoyed my October 2017 Beauty Favorites! 
What were some of your favorites from recently? Comment below with products you think I should try out. 
Thanks for reading! 










September 2017 Beauty Favorites 

Mini Reviews: Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder, Garnier Moisture Bomb, & Revlon Youth FX Fill + Blur Primer

Mini Reviews: UD Troublemaker Mascara

Foundation Review: L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 

Foundation Review: Wet n Wild Photo Focus 

Palette Review: ABH Modern Renaissance 

October 2017 Subscriptions Unboxing

Morphe Me Subscription 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als