Skip to main content

Mini Reviews: Garnier, Too Faced, Pixi, Revlon, & Wet n Wild


 Mini Reviews: Garnier, Too Faced, Pixi, Revlon, & Wet n Wild 





Garnier Moisture Bomb

Everyone was raving about all these gel moisturizers and it made me really want to try them. I rarely buy moisturizers because mine either last awhile or I constantly have new samples of them. I got this deluxe sample of this moisture bomb in one of my recent (well, like 3-4 weeks ago) orders and I've been using it since! I don't usually moisturize when I use a sheet mask before applying makeup, but for a day to day use I really enjoy this! You'll be seeing this used more in upcoming looks. Since it's a gel consistency, it isn't thick and sinks right into your skin. I'm definitely wanting to try out more of these gel moisturizers. 



Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Garnier Moisture Bomb
*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder
Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Garnier Moisture Bomb


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder

I finally took a break from my usual loose powder (Laura Mercier) and branched out to this powder that has been raved about. First of all, I want to just say I love this packaging! I think it's pretty, don't get me wrong, but I'm actually talking about the smart idea of adding a second cover/lid when you open the actual product. It may just be a plastic pop up lid, but this has saved me from so many messes that I normally make with other loose powders. The actual product itself is amazing as well. It makes my skin so soft and flawless looking while doing the job of keeping my makeup in place for the day. I use this all over some days, but most usually I use this under my eyes and my t-zone. I absolutely love baking my under eyes with the Laura Mercier powder (especially when using those messy, fall-out eyeshadows), but I didn't like using this one for "baking" because I end up looking really cakey with a lot of creasing. I've seen others use this for baking, so it may just be me, but a little is more for me when it comes to under the eyes with this powder. I'm happy with this purchase though! 



Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder
*Pixi Makeup Fixing Spray 
Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Garnier Moisture Bomb
*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder
*Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blur Primer
*Pixi Makeup Fixing Spray

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *






In a recent trip to St. Louis I ran into a Target for a few things and of course ended up in the makeup section.
I only own two other products from Pixi. I have one of their blush/highlight duo (which I do like) and one of their  bronzers in the shade Summertime that I love! I really don't think some of their products are raved about enough! I've been seeing a few beauty influencers using this rose water and green tea setting spray for the skin benefits, but also because they loved the spray as well. I've been trying it out for a few weeks and really enjoy it. Anything that has great skin benefits I'm all for, but I do enjoy this for setting my makeup. I'm more into matte looks at the moment and this spray makes me dewy, but nonetheless I really like this spray. I wish I would've had this for the past spring and summer! The actual mist is fine and light. It won't soak you with one spray and the smell isn't too strong. 





Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Garnier Moisture Bomb
*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder
*Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blur Primer
*Pixi Makeup Fixing Spray





Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Pixi Makeup Setting Spray

Tutorial for this: Look 


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *







Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blur Primer

I was really intrigued by the "blur" part of this primer, but also the actual packaging. I've never used a product with this type of packaging. The product comes out of the four dot opening on the slanted oval rubber top. Instead of twisting it you push the bottom in like a button and the product comes out.
I've honestly been so impressed with this! I can't believe this is a drugstore primer at that! This is a thick consistency, but once applied it sinks right into the skin and really does blur and fill in your pores! This doesn't wear heavy like some silicone primers do. There isn't a smell to this and although it comes out with a little pigment you won't be able to see it after it's applied.




Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blur Primer
*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder





Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Revlon Youth FX Fill & Blur Primer
*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer 


I know, I know I've been reviewing way too many of their products, but honestly I had a little Wet n Wild "haul" a couple months ago and I've been slowly trying them all out. There are a few pros and cons with this concealer. For one the smell! I don't know what is up with their photo focus line and the strong scents, but I'm not a fan. Unlike their foundation (I'll link my review on it below), this doesn't smell like paint, but it still has such a strong scent that makes me question putting it on my face. The next con is the shades! If you're medium to dark complected than you don't have to worry about this, but if you're pale like me you may be able to match it exactly to your skin-tone. I typically like my concealer to be a shade or two lighter than my foundation. This is the shade Light Ivory and it is my skin-tone or a little darker. Three pros for this concealer is that the wear time is pretty good, the coverage is definitely there, and you once again can't beat their price! So if you're darker than me I would give this a try, but if you are my shade or lighter you could pass on this. Drugstore concealers for fair skin is so hard to come by. I'm okay with spending more $$ to get the best coverage and the right shade of concealer!


Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Garnier Moisture Bomb
*Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer
*Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder
*Pixi Makeup Setting Spray 


Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Wet n Wild Photo Focus ConcealerTutorial for this: Look 




























* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation Review

My last Mini Reviews: Ulta Beauty, Urban Decay, Benefit, XO Beauty, & Wet n Wild 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als