Skip to main content

Mini Reviews: Bite Beauty, Urban Decay, Cover FX, & Dose of Colors

Mini Reviews: Bite Beauty, Urban Decay, Cover FX, & Dose of Colors






I got this sampler of lip masks from an order a couple months ago. It came just in time for this fall weather that is drying my lips out! I have been using these religiously every night with my skincare routine and then I go to bed while wearing them. This has been a life saver for my lips. They're a thicker consistency (like an actual mask) than a lip gloss, but not enough to bother me especially when I'm sleeping. These have a sweet smell (not strong though) like other Bite Beauty products. All three shades are nice, but again I'm just sleeping in them so that's not a big deal to me. 
This is what the sample packet (this is a new one) looks like. Each one lasted me close to a week of use. The full size product is in a tube, so I know those would last for a very long time! I definitely will be purchasing a full size, but I just happened to receive another sample packet! 

This is (my face with only foundation on) the middle
clear shade on my lips. It really resembles gloss. 


I've been sticking with my "holy grail" Tarte Shape Tape for far too long and decided to branch out on concealers. I've heard great things about this and I've really liked using it! The coverage is really there! I'm in the shade fair neutral and it's a good shade for my fair complexion. It's lighter than my actual skin-tone (just how I like my concealer to be!) and does a great job brightening the high-points of my face, while adding coverage to problem areas. The wear time is excellent and this is true to the name "weightless" on the face. It has worked well without creasing with the foundations and powders I've used while trying it out. The only issue I have with this product is the smell. Have you tried Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation? Then you know that strong paint like smell. The smell of this reminds me of that. Is this concealer better than Shape Tape? No, not to me, but it's close! I really do like this concealer. 


Products reviewed in this look:
*Urban Decay Naked Concealer (fair neutral) 
Products reviewed in this look:
*Urban Decay Naked Concealer (fair neutral) *Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops (moonlight)




This has become a favorite! I've mentioned in my "beauty favorites" that I was a little worried about trying these enhancer drops because I thought they would be an oily consistency. These have been in my Sephora shopping cart online so many times, but I never took the plunge. Until this cute little sample bottle showed up in my Play! by Sephora monthly subscription. Then I HAD to try it out.  I'm so mad at myself for waiting so long! These are not oily whatsoever! I apply them before any powder (like I do with any liquids) and it's so bright it stands out under it! This really is so stunning on the face! I want more of the shade range, but this shade does look nice on fair-tones. This is long-wearing and is not for someone who wants a natural glowy highlight. This is an intense shine, but your highlight will always be "on fleek" while wearing this!


Products reviewed in this look:
*Urban Decay Naked Concealer (fair neutral)
*Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops (moonlight)
Products reviewed in this look:
*Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops (moonlight)

This Look: Oct. Sub Sty-On




Dose of Colors {Desi X Katy} Collection 


This "mini reviews" should be labeled a favorites because all these products are hits today! I love Desi (Desi Perkins) and Katy (LustreLux) so much! They have the best personalities and aren't afraid to be their selves. If you need a new Youtuber to watch that will make you laugh in each video, then you should look them up! I thought it was so awesome to see them collaborate with a company in general, but also so exciting to see them collaborate together with the company! I've honestly have never tried Dose of Colors products, but I've heard amazing things so that made me really interested in this line even more! Both girls are tanner than I and from what I see from other reviews I feel the highlighters from this line would be too dark and/or too gold for my skin-tone so I passed on them even though they're gorgeous! I decided to get the eyeshadow quad (palette review coming tomorrow!), one liquid lipstick, one lipstick, and the "over the top" gloss. Mind you this was when they went live with the last restock, so while adding them to my cart the gloss sold out! I was so bummed. I still got my hands on the eyeshadow quad and the other two lip products that I want to mention today. 


This wasn't the shade I was intitionally wanting, but I ended up with it. The other nude would have looked a lot better with my complexion, but nevertheless, this lipstick is really nice. I still want to get my hands on the lighter shade before it's out of stock, but this lipstick made me step out of my comfort zone a lot. It's more of a yellowish-orange nude tint on me. I've worn it with two looks and had mixed emotions on it. I like it, but it's a little different on me. If you have a tanner complexion, then this would be gorgeous on you! The formula is great and wears well. The scent is sweet, but not strong. 
Can we also mention how incredibly beautiful the packaging is on these?!


Products reviewed in this look:
*Dose of Colors {Desi X Katy} Lipstick (More Creamer Please)

This Look: Dark Eyes & Nude Lips 


This is the perfect orange red. It does the name justice for sure! I've seen this shade on every complexion out there and it's stunning on everyone! People are not kidding about Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks formula either! It's amazing! They're so comfortable, long-wearing, and doesn't over dry-out my lips! The pigmentation in this shade is crazy good. This too has such pretty packaging and the same sweet (this one is stronger than the lipsticks) scent. This shade is going to be a summer go-to!


Products reviewed in this look:
*Dose of Colors {Desi X Katy} Liquid Lipstick
(Hot Fire) 
I'm happy with both of these lip products and thankfully they are both in stock still! This is their last restock on the whole line, so if you're interested I would get them fast! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als