Skip to main content

Mini Reviews: Smashbox, Too Faced, Wet n Wild, & Mac

Mini Reviews: Smashbox, Too Faced, Wet n Wild, & Mac 




 Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

I used this primer water as my only primer/base while I was trying this product out. Although I do really like this spray, I will be using this more like a primer-booster before applying actual primer and/or as a setting spray. This feels and smells really refreshing. I tried to get the best picture of the mist. It looks a little intense, but it's a nice fine mist. 

Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water


********************






I've mentioned this before, but I just didn't fall in love with this Too Faced line.
I have seen a few of the items in person and still wasn't too impressed. Then I seen this eyeliner and it intrigued me. I don't wear eyeliner as much anymore, but I like a wing every now and then. You know those days when you can't get your wings to line up (be twins instead of just sisters) and your liner keeps getting thicker? Yeah, I've had plenty of those days. This liner applicator is small and angled like a brush you would use a gel pot liner with. I was really curious if this was going to be a handy product or not and it really is! The few times (since I've gotten this) that I wanted a wing and used this liner my wings have been the closest they've ever been to looking just alike and they're good wings! The best part is the application is super easy! I also wanted to mention how amazing the formula is. I swatched this liner on the back of my hand (before and after pictures below) this morning and left it all day. I washed my hands several times, did chores around the house, took care of messy kids, etc. and it still looks amazing! I recommend this liner to anyone, but if you're a beginner at wings I really recommend this to you. I wish I had this when I was just starting out with liner. The only downfall to this is it's limited  edition. Once it's gone, it's gone. I really hope TF will keep this liner or I'll have to start stocking up for sure! 
before (right after I swatched this)

after (after my long day)



Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Too Faced I Want Kandee
(Black Liquorice Eyeliner)
*Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara
Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Too Faced I Want Kandee
(Black Liquorice Eyeliner)
*Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara
(with falsies)

tutorial for this look:
Dewy Fall Look

********************



So I can start off by saying I don't use this product as a bronzer, but as a highlight. It's the perfect natural highlight. It's not too blinding, but still a noticeable glow (reminds me of the XO Beauty Highlighting Powder). I haven't tried the other shades of this and the darker one might be a great bronzer, but I've enjoyed this one as a highlight. I like to be super glowy/dewy in the summer, but now during fall I want a matte look with a slight glow and this is perfect!

Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer
(Reserve Your Cabana)

Tutorial for this look:
Autumn Glam 
Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer
(Reserve Your Cabana)

Tutorial for this look:
Summer Teal Eye





********************



 Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara

This is another product I was intrigued by. As you can see by the pictures below, this is a duo wand mascara. You untwist the black part from the bottle to reveal the bigger wand, which is great for your top lashes. Then you can untwist the red part to reveal the smaller wand for your bottom lashes. It sounds a little excessive, but I would much rather buy a duo mascara then really want to buy mascaras for both my top and bottom lashes. Using regular wands for your lower lashes is fine as well, but if you're like me and try this out, you will fall in love with it and how much easier it is to apply mascara to your lower lashes with a smaller wand. I really love the look of this formula on my lower lashes. I wish there was more to it when applying it to my top lashes, but it's still not the worse. I've also used this over my lashes with falsies on and loved it! This isn't a product that you just have-to-have, but if you're intrigued (like I was) then I would test it out. 




Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Too Faced I Want Kandee
(Black Liquorice Eyeliner)
*Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara
Products reviewed that are in this look:

*Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer
(Reserve Your Cabana) 
*Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara










 ********************
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als