Skip to main content

Summer Teal Eye Tutorial/ Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette 



Summer Teal Eye Tutorial/ Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette 



This past weekend I broke out the Jaclyn Hill X Morphe palette and was in the mood to play with some color. This palette has two beautiful bright blue shades that are just perfect for the summer! With summer coming to an end, I thought I would get a few more summer looks in before I dive into some darker, bold lip, smokier fall looks. I have done a full Palette Review of this palette on my blog. I will link that below. If you want to recreate this summer teal eye look, then keep scrolling! 






I started off with a mist of this Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist.

I have a whole drawer dedicated to samples that I get with my orders, and it gets so overwhelming that I forget to use them. I actually haven't tried either one of these before. I've been wanting to order this primer, but I keep forgetting about it! 
I realized I had a sample of it in my drawer and thought it would be nice to try it out before purchasing it! 
For Moisturizer today I grabbed this C.E.O. antiOXIDANT Protect + Repair Moisturizer by Sunday Riley. I haven't used anything by this brand before, but I literally fell in love with this moisturizer! It smells so amazing and it's a thicker consistency, but it doesn't sit on your skin. It sinks right in. This will definitely be on my purchase list! 
The Too Faced HangoveRX Replenishing Face Primer was very nice too. I like that it isn't a silicone-feeling primer. I get tired of using really thick silicone primers. This one left my skin moisturized and a little tacky. I felt that it really helped keep my foundation in place. This one will have to be a purchase as well. I feel like I need to test it out some more and maybe do a review on it. 


I went with Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation (Fair Neutral) for today's look. I have raved about this foundation before. It just works well with my skin-type.










I moisturized my lips with some EOS and concealed under my eyes, blemishes, and down my nose with Tarte Shape Tape (fair). I then took Laura Mercier Translucent Face Powder around my whole face lightly to set it in place. I added extra powder under my eyes to "bake" and have as a barrier to shield my under eyes from any fall-out I may get with the bright colors I'll be using on my eyes. I filled in my brows with my beloved ABH Brow Definer (Taupe) and then started my eyeshadow.
Face Brushes Used:

Beauty Blender
XO Beauty Vegan Powder
XO Beauty Vegan Bronzer
Luxie Lush 504 Large Angled 
XO Beauty Vegan Shimmer Tulip










Eye Look Step by Step:

  • Silk Creme (green star) blended into the crease as my transition color. 
  • Blend Creamsicle (black star) right over that transition and any extra product blend up the eye with.
  • Pat Jada (purple star) all over just the lid. Avoid the crease. 
  • Clean up the look by blending some more Creamsicle (black star) in the crease.
  • Pat Pool Party (white star) just on the middle section of the lid. 
  • Add Pukey (blue star) to the outer corner and through the crease to blend out any harsh lines.
  • Lastly, add a pop of Beam (red star) to the inner corners and brow bones. 

Eye Brushes Used:

XO Beauty Vegan Crease Blender
Crown Duo Eyeshadow/Pencil
XO Beauty Vegan Eyeshadow





For the rest of my face, I used Ciate Bamboo Bronzer (Palm Island), Physicians Formula Argan Oil Blush (Natural), Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer (Reserve Your Cabana, Which I used as highlight), and Tatcha Dewy Mist. 










I like to add my mascara after (even though I normally forget) I set my face just so my mascara doesn't smudge. I used L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise today.





I used this pinky cream lipstick from the bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette for my lips. 









Finished Look:








Jaclyn Hill X Morphe Palette Review

Beauty Tutorial & Review on L'oreal VS Too Faced Mascara


Bh Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette Review

Mini Reviews: Too Faced Hangover Primer, & Physicians Formula Argan Oil Blush

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Review

Mini Review: Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als