Skip to main content

August Skincare/Hygiene Products


The OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner have been my go-to for this summer. Although I am very thankful at times to have straight hair, it seems to usually just look lifeless. I feel like these items have really helped bring some life and volume back into it. It smells amazing and leaves my hair super soft too! I love these products, but I will have to switch it up a little and try out a good shampoo and conditioner that will help strengthen my hair and hopefully help it stop falling out so badly. I will probably stick with this brand because of how well I liked these!






Skincare is so important to me. I suffer with awful (I know it's not as bad as some have it) skin problems and it drives me crazy. I'm always trying to find "new" fixes and ways to avoid such awful breakouts. 
Two items from   have really helped me get on the right track! Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel (I've mentioned before) is hands down the best cleanser I've ever used! When my skin gets dry or starts breaking out, I put some of tarte's Maracuja Oil on my face for overnight. They're both miracle workers and now some top "holy grails" of mine!
This past month, I've been trying out the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with red clay. I still haven't been able to tell a big difference with it. I like the soothing affect it has on my face while washing it, but I still tend to reach for my tarte. I would like to still give this one a chance and use it more often for awhile. 
I've been using exfoliating cleanser to take my makeup off instead of wipes lately. I actually had ran out of my face wipes and needed to take my makeup off, and since I had so many face samples in my drawer I just grabbed an exfoliating one and it did the trick! I was really surprised at how well it took EVERYTHING off and left my face feeling so smooth. This Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator has been my favorite sample I've used so far. It's a really gentle exfoliate and really does rejuvenate my skin! 




My masks this month have been pretty simple. Either I've needed something to really clean my pores out, or I've needed something to soothe my irritated inflamed skin! I've used Formula 10.0.6 Masks for both. Pores Be Pure is obviously for cleaning out my pores and this one is made with strawberry and yarrow. It smells so good and is very comfortable. It's not too intense of a tightening mask when it dries down. Those are nice when you want to really firm your skin, but not when you have irritated breakouts. The Keep Your Cool is a go-to favorite to soothe any irritation I have. I've used this all summer and it is amazing! This is made with coconut and cucumber. It cools, calms, and controls your skin (breakouts) inflammation and irritation. 




As for moisturizer, I love the EOS Shave Cream. After shaving it leaves my skin smooth and moisturized, but since my skin has seemed to pick up on all this weather change, it is starting to dry out a lot. For back up moisturizer I've been loving this Pink SunKissed body lotion. I fell involve with this scent last summer and once again this summer. This is the perfect summer scent and it leaves my skin so hydrated! I'm always using different face moisturizers, but I thought I would mention this newly discovered (to me) Caudalie Creme Sorbet. I have been using this so much this month that I probably only have enough left in this sample for maybe one use! This will definitely be a repurchase item for me! 




The last item I wanted to mention is the self tanner I've been using this summer. I've heard about Loving Tan for a couple years now, but this has been the first year I've actually wanted to try it out. The words "self tanner" freak me out a little bit..I'm not going to lie.. I picture orange, streaky, smelly, mess! I feel this item really wasn't too expensive and was pleasantly surprised that it left my skin with a natural look, no streaks, no strong smell (the smell is actually not bad at all!), and it was super easy to use! My only recommendations is to get the 2 hour express and moisturize really well the day before use! I got the 6 hour one and it can be difficult to do with two little boys! You're to avoid any water on your skin for that time period and that's pretty difficult with kids..period. 
Moisturizing the day before will really help the tan apply more smoothly over your knees, wrists, elbows, and ankles without a bunch of streaks or dark spots. I really wasn't sure what color would look good on me (I'm so pale) with my skin tone and hair color so I got medium (for light to medium skin tones), but I will honestly probably get the next shade up! 

I hope this blog was somewhat helpful if you are interested in any of these products and maybe I'll have another line up of skincare/hygiene products to review next month! 






Where to get products mentioned in this blog: 








Pink SunKissed body lotion: Not available at the moment?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als