Skip to main content

September 2017 Subscription Unboxing

September 2017 Subscription Unboxing

I have already blogged about my September Ipsy Glam Bag (I will link that below), but I wanted to unbox the rest that I received the end of this month. All of these subscriptions are new to me. I finally branched out and jumped on the subscription bandwagon and now I have a problem... Like seriously though. There will be even more to unbox next month! I don't want my subscription blogs to be too long, so I've decided to break it up into two blogs. One being  "unboxing" and the other being "try on" each month.






MorpheMe is a monthly makeup brush subscription. 
This brush subscription is $19.99 a month and it claims to send brushes around the $30.00 mark.   This month is Aquatic Dreams and it comes with four brushes. One face brush and 3 eye brushes.


 Morphe used to be a brand that you didn't hear about often, but recently they have really upped their game. They now have a range of different items instead of just brushes. There is a lot of drama that goes with this brand. Wether it's their fault or not, I'm focused on reviewing the actual products. I have personally bought brushes and other makeup items from them and I've had mixed feelings about both. I mainly wanted to talk about the brushes I have used from them before. There are quite a few, but since I don't want this to be too long I wanted to mention just the M439 & M433. These brushes are really raved about and I wanted to know what all the fuss was. Although I do really enjoy using the M439 (round top foundation brush), it is not my favorite. I think it is a nice brush, but not the best I have used. Needless to say, it is still good quality and has no shedding. My M433 (eye crease blender) brush on the other hand, I was very disappointed in. My bristles are frayed and I also had shedding. I take proper care of my brushes, so this didn't make sense other than knowing I got a "dud" brush. I've been hesitant to try this subscription because of this, but I know their quality has been getting better and one month (if I don't like them) wouldn't be too terribly bad.



 E6

This is a flat buffer brush for your foundation. I use flat top brushes for quite a lot of my foundations, but mine are normally more dense than this one. I'm a little worried about that when applying my makeup. There is no shedding and this brush is super soft! This brush retails for $15.00.








This is one of my favorite types of brushes. This is a crease blender brush for your eyes. The quality of this brush is amazing. I do like mine a little more dense to get more pigment, but this one is also very soft. I think it'll be a great eye brush.
This brush retails for $6.00


 M576

This is a fluffy blender brush. I like how soft and fluffy it is, but I also love how long the bristles are. I feel like I'll really be able to blend in my crease with this brush and get the desired look that I want. This brush retails for $6.00.

 M578

This is a pencil brush. I like the wideness of this brush, but it is also super soft and not as dense as my usual brush. This one retails for $4.00.



I'm really intrigued by all of these brushes with how soft, fluffy, and not as dense as my usually used brushes are. I can't wait to start trying them out. This months brushes total came to $31.00, so it is what they claimed and the brushes seem to be really good quality with no shedding. 
I will link this subscription below if you're interested.
















KissMe is another subscription through LiveGlam. This is also $19.99 (a month) and you receive 3 new lippies each month. This is my first month so I'm not sure how it is every month, but they claim to send new shades every month that haven't been sent before. It also looks like you receive one gloss and two liquid lipsticks. These are created through LiveGlam so you won't be receiving other brand lipsticks, but the quality of these are supposed to be really good.
This month is Send Nudes and comes with three gorgeous nude shades.




 Happily Ever After 

This a brighter pinky nude liquid lipstick, but would make a really pretty pink nude shade on a darker complexion than mine. While it is the brightest of these, it still has a nude undertone to it.










Single AF

This one  is a gloss in a more brown nude shade.
I feel like this one is the closest of the three to an actual "nude" and I think it is a shade that would look great on anyone!








 Promiscuous 

This liquid lip has a pink tint to it as well, but it more of a deeper nude shade. It's a little different, but I think with the right eye shadow shades it could be pulled off well!


 Pillow Talk 

Since this was my first month I got an extra liquid lipstick with my order. I loved how you got to choose which one you want from the previous months. This one caught my eye since it is such a gorgeous pink shade.



Overall I love these shades, but can't wait to actually try them out in makeup looks. The formula seems really good and they smell (like cupcakes) amazing! If you're interested in this subscription and getting an extra one with your order, I have it linked below! 





















 Play! By Sephora 

I can't believe this is my first play! box, but it is. I felt like this might be a little too much like Ipsy and I would end up getting a lot of the same items, but I was pleasantly surprised with what I got! This is a $10.00 (plus tax) monthly subscription where you get "most popular" item samples from Sephora. You are supposed to get 5 deluxe samples and 1 fragrance sample. This is an awesome idea for Sephora and I would love to see Ulta come out with one! You also get a play! card each month to take to Sephora with your next purchase to get an extra 50 points on your account. While this is great, I do a lot of my shopping online and I wish they would let you redeem them online also. This month's bag is hot pink with "a change of face" theme.





(1) Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!

This is their deep conditioning mask. I love that this product has no sulfates, no silicones, or no parabens in it! I feel like this is exactly what my hair has been needing and I can't wait to give it a go!


This sample is $3.50

Actual Product retails for $36.00
 (2) touch in SOL Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Shadow Duo

I got the shade Talia, which is their silver shade. I'm super excited to try this out! I'm happy to see an actual makeup product that you normally don't see in the cheaper subscriptions. I did swatch this and although I couldn't get a picture good enough to show just how pretty this product is I will definitely be trying this out on my eyes soon!


This sample is $12.50

Actual Product retails for $25.00




















(3) Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream

For a more expensive skincare brand this is a pretty good sample size. Even the packaging of this small of an item is glass and feels expensive. The consistency is a little gel like, but sinks right into the skin. It left the back of my hand super soft and the fresh scent to it is nice.


This sample is $7.90

Actual Product retails for $45.00


















(4) Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof

I've never tried any Sephora eye liner before, but this one glided on the back of my hand smoothly and very opaque. I like to have a variety of black liners, but it would have been nice to get a pop of color liner. 


This sample is $4.00


Actual Product retails for $10.00




















(5) Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream 

It might have been a bit much to include two similar creams in the same bag, but this one seems nice as well.  I'm not showing aging signs like wrinkles and such yet,  but I'm all for anti-aging products to get a start on prevention of aging. This one is more of a cream consistency and a little thick. It also smells really good!


This sample is $13.00

Actual Product retails for $112.00









(6) Wander Beauty Wanderout Dual Lipstick 

Another makeup product that I was really excited to receive! This is the shade Wanderberry and it is a gorgeous berry/deep red shade. This swatched nicely and was creamy. This is a product I think I'll love! Really I'm a sucker for lip items.



This sample is $7.50

Actual Product retails for $30.00
















PolishMe

Once again, this is a subscription from LiveGlam and this one is $19.99 as well. I've really been wanting to start stocking up my nail polishes since my supply is getting low and I keep having to throw mine out because they are either old, almost empty, or hard to use. I like to keep my nails painted for my blogs, but also for my day to day life since I've always struggled with nail bitting and/or picking. I've overcome that, but keeping them painted for stressful moments helps me keep them pretty!
This months is the Mermaid Collection, which I think is super cute. I usually don't tend to paint my nails these duo chrome shades, but who doesn't like change once in awhile? I got three shades (kind of like the lippies) and an extra one for my first month signing up. I will try these out and let you know if it's worth it and how they wear.


Magical Mermaid: The green shade has a little bit of a blue tint, but doesn't look that duo chrome. These all have a solid color and then added glitter that make them more duo chrome, and this one just looks the same in solid and glitter. It's gorgeous anyways! 
Shining Sea: This is the middle blue one below. This one is solid blue with a glitter tint of silver. It's a really cute shade. 
Royal Reef: This one is purple and is the most duo chrome in my opinion. It gives off tints of blue and green glitter. It is really pretty! I love purple colors for nail polish. 







Cotton Candy: This was the shade I got to pick for my extra polish. This was from a previous month, but if you've been following my blogs you would've seen in one of my monthly favorites the nail polish shade I was obsessed with pretty much all summer. This one is pretty close. I guess I'm still loving these light blue/periwinkle colors.





If you want to sign up to try out these subscriptions they are all linked below. I will be posting a look soon testing out as many of these products as I can!





My September Ipsy Bag undboxing and Try on blog 

Get your own MorpheMe Here

Get your own KissMe Here

Get your own Sephora Play! Here

Get your own PolishMe Here









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als