Skip to main content

Tarte Buried Treasure // Palette Review

Tarte Buried Treasure // Palette Review 

 There has been so many holiday eye palettes launch this season from so many brands, but as soon as I seen this palette I knew I wanted it! What you have to be careful about with holiday items are that sometimes they're not as good as their normal lines. Other times they're fantastic and it's a bummer the items are limited-edition. I took the chance with Tarte because I loved the look of this palette and I also am a huge fan (you probably already know that from previous blogs) of their eyeshadow formula. I will link below the other Tarte palettes that I've reviewed. This palette swatched a lot like their Rainforest of the Sea line and I was very happy about that! The pigmentation with these are amazing and I love the variety of shimmers and mattes. There are a total of 10 shades. 3 mattes and 7 shimmers. It doesn't seem like a good variety of mattes, but there is a perfect base shade, transition shade, and an extra lilac matte shade that applies very well as another transition shade. The three mattes are so pretty with the shimmers in this palette. This is yet again, another great palette from Tarte that is awesome for traveling! All the shades go well together, it's the perfect travel-size, and you can still create a lot of different looks with it! I created two looks (pictures below) using this palette and I made sure that between the two looks I used every shade. They all were great, no duds whatsoever! Another great pro about this palette is I could see myself wearing this all year for every season! The only con I have is that it's limited-edition! If you want this beautiful palette, get it while you still can! 

Tarte Buried Treasure Palette is a 10/10 for me! 
This palette is $36.00 and you can find it at Tarte (on sale for $25.00 at the moment!). 





 Look 1: 


Shades Used: 

Plank, Skipper, Dive, Coin, & Coconut. 








 Look 2: Dramatic Wing Eyeshadow // Tarte Buried Treasure Palette 


Shades Used:

Plank, Booty, Palm, Snorkel, Nauti, & Fin.









I tried to swatch these in circles in the same placement as the palette (picture shown above) the shade names in this palette are (top to bottom row, left to right circles): 

(row 1): Skipper, Snorkel, & Booty
(row 2): Dive, Fin, Coconut, & Plank
(row 3): Nauti, Coin, & Palm















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als