Skip to main content

November 2017 Beauty Favorites

November 2017 Beauty Favorites



It's that time of the month again and I'm excited to share with you what I have been loving all November long! My favorites will be shorter and more to the point, instead of how long they normally are. If you want to read a more detailed review about a product I will have those linked (below under each product will say "review") or those reviews will be coming to my blog soon! 


Face:

What I have been going for in my face makeup has been moisturized skin and a matte finish. I still love having an intense highlight, but I've been bronzing less, contouring more, and using more of a glow highlight than shimmer. 



* Farsali Unicorn Essence 
I've been using these with about every look I've created this past month. I love the natural glow this gives to my skin. 

*Too Faced Primed & Peachy
I'm still trying this primer out, but so far I love the cooling aspect of it. I also love how matte it makes my skin look, yet it doesn't dry my face out. 

*Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation 
This is their new matte foundation and let me tell you, it is matte! I really enjoy the finish.

*Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette 
I mentioned above that I've been bronzing less and contouring more, but I've also have been reaching for a face palette like this to set my makeup in some places instead of reaching for an actual setting powder. I use the shade Banana under my eyes to brighten them up a little on some days. For most days, I use Fawn to contour with, Vanilla to set my t-zone and under eyes, and Sand to add a natural glow to the high-points of my face.

*Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush 
I absolutely love these blushes, but I've been reaching for the shade Concept all month long. I love how natural this blush looks, while still making my cheeks rosy. 
(I'm not sure if this was limited-edition, but I can not find this blush! Bummer.)

*XO Beauty Highlighting Powder 
I have the shade Aurora and this is the perfect natural glow highlight. This can be more intense with a  little Mac Fix + on your brush, but also builds up nicely.  Reviewed

*It! Cosmetics Chic Powder Brush 
This brush has been my go-to powder brush ever since purchasing it! It is literally the softest brush I've ever felt! It applies my powder well and is a brush every makeup lover needs to try! 

*XO Beauty Vegan Shimmer Tulip
This is the next brush that has been a favorite of mine for months now. This brush is the perfect size for applying highlighter. It is soft also, and applies the highlight evenly, while keeping the pigment there! 
(this came from a limited-edition vegan set, but I linked the shimmer tulip brush from her regular line)








Eyes:

I've been wearing dramatic eyes and nude lips more than anything this past month and I also discovered two new mascaras that I love! 


*Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette 
I love these colors for fall. I was obsessed with the Modern Renaissance palette all October, but this month I've been reaching for this palette. I love the more cool-tone eye looks I've been creating with this. 
Reviewed 

*Tarte Buried Treasure Palette 
I bought this the very beginning of November and loved it right from the swatches to using it more through-out the month. The shades in this are gorgeous and more warm-toned so it's balanced out my love for cool-tone looks. This palette is on sale right now!

*Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
I've always heard great reviews on this, but never tried it because the wand wasn't one I normally liked to use. I was pleasantly surprised that I love this mascara.

*Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect
I tried a curled wand mascara a couple months back and hated the wand. It made me not want to purchase this even though this has great reviews. I actually got this for free with an Ulta order and it sat in the "new" drawer for quite some time. After finally using it I like it and think it's a really good drugstore mascara. 



Lips:

Yes, I've done more pink and nudes this month once again, but I have used a few other bold shades that I've fallen in love with! You can probably see that a few of these are a repeat from last month. I love them that much! I've used so much Baby Lips to keep my lips from drying out with this cold weather hitting us. Other brands I've been loving are a couple shades from my Kiss Me subscription, a creme lipstick from XO Beauty, a variety of Tarte lip products, and the same shade from Huda Beauty that I mentioned last month. 



Swatches top to bottom:


Bottom 3 sheer swatches are Maybelline Baby Lips (left to right)
*15- Cherry Me
*05- Quenched
*20- Grape Vine






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als