Skip to main content

November 2017 Subscriptions Try-On

November 2017 Subscriptions Try-On



If you haven't read my November Unboxing blog yet, then check it out! I tried to use as many products from my subscriptions as possible to create this look. 

*Yadah Revitalizing Jelly Pack 
(Facetory)

I was excited about the "jelly" part of this mask. Sheet masks can be so messy and the excess product usually gets everywhere. This one claims to be easier to use because it's in a jelly form. Sadly, it wasn't any easier for me. I didn't mind it being in a jelly form, but it was still messy. It felt nice on my skin and as you can see in my photo below (bare face before any makeup) my skin looks really good and bright! This has to be the first sheet mask I haven't liked while using it, that I've received from Facetory. Yes, it does work and does a good job, but the smell! It's killer. They mentioned that the Ginseng Root Extract has a strong smell and that it goes away once you're wearing it. The scent on mine lingered and it was almost unbearable. Facetory is amazing and one of my favorite subscriptions. I'm not blaming them for this 
issue, but stating that this wasn't a sheet mask for me. 




*Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 
(Play! by Sephora)

I just used this in my roots while I was wearing
my sheet mask. 
I love dry shampoo.
This one smells really good and my

hair looked great after applying it!






*Too Faced HangoveRX 3-in-1
Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray 

(Ipsy)

This smells  good and was really refreshing 
on my bare face. I used this as a primer, but not
as a setting spray for this look. I will 
definitely
keep using this sample until I'm sure that I
would like to purchase the full-size.





My bare face after the sheet mask.


*KNC Beauty Collagen Lip Masks 
(Boxy Charm)

I seen a few people trying these out, but didn't
hear much about them. I did see a post about how
they really stung someones lips while wearing it. It
made me nervous, but I still wanted to give it a shot.
My lips tingled a little, but no stinging or pain at all!
I'm use to using the Too Faced Lip Injections Extreme
and that one is more intense than this mask. I did
feel like this actually worked though! I wore it all while
doing my eye makeup and my lips looked very plumped!









My lips right after taking the mask off. 

*KNC Beauty Collagen Lip Masks 
(Boxy Charm)

Base: Duchess (brown oval)
Crease: Strut (red oval)
Lid: Cheshire (orange oval)
Crease: Strut (red oval)
Outer Corner: Boots (green oval)
Inner Corner on top & bottom: Purr (blue oval)
Brow Bone: Purr (blue oval)
Lower Lash Line: Cheshire (orange oval)

I took the Naked Cosmetics loose Pigment (shown below) in the shade Mother Nature #06 and with my finger patted that over (Cheshire) my lid. I blended out the crease to finish the look. 




*WinkyLux Kitten Palette 
(Boxy Charm)


*WinkyLux Kitten Palette 
(Boxy Charm)

After swatching a couple of these shades in my unboxing
(linked above) I was so excited to try this palette out on
my eyes! This seems to be a really nice palette and good
 shadow formula. It normally takes me trying a palette out
a few times to tell what I really think about it and so
I can try each shade out. A palette review will be
 coming on the blog soon for this palette, but my
first impressions of it was that they're
pigmented and blend out nicely!
 I'm very intrigued by this brand. 


*Luxie Beauty Quad Eye Travel Set 
(Boxy Charm)

These brushes work just as well as their normal brush
sets do. I don't feel like I'll reach for these much, but when I
travel these will be with me! They're very good quality. 

(I linked Luxie Beauty above, but I'm assuming
this was a Boxy Charm exclusive set)
*E28
(Morphe Me)

I just knew I would love this brush! It is so
soft and fluffy! It blended my crease
shadows out like a dream. I really
recommend the Elite line from Morphe.




*Naked Cosmetics Loose Eye Pigment 
(Ipsy)

This pigment is so beautiful! It was a little messy to work 
with (I did my eye makeup before my face), but not
the worse that I've seen from some loose pigments.
I'm really wanting to order more shades of these! 



*Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir
Major Volume Mascara 

(Play! by Sephora)

I found a new love in mascaras! I love the
wand and formula. It is so long-wearing and
never smudged or transferred to my brow bone. 



*Farmacy Honey Drop
(Play! by Sephora)

It's hard for me to tell how much I love any skincare item before using it for a solid week. 
I love how this one felt on my skin and that it wasn't a heavy formula, but I'll have to keep using this. 

*E41
(Morphe Me)

I still can't get over this brush! This is the
biggest brush I've ever seen and now own.
It took me like two seconds to powder my whole face!
I really love this brush!
*Crown C141 Small Chisel Brush 
(Ipsy)

This really does a good job of chiseling out your cheek bones
with a contour powder. I'm not the biggest fan of the
bristles on this brush, but I know I'll reach for this on
days when I want a strong contour. 


*Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
(Ipsy)

I already knew I would love this because I'm a
huge fan of Tarte blushes. This one is super pigmented,
so I would apply it very light-handed and build it up (if needed). 


*Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray 
(Boxy Charm)
I loved this! This is the finest mist I've ever seen on
a setting spray. The smell doesn't bother me.
 The actual mist leaves your skin glowing!
I really want to try the Cover FX mattifying spray now.


*Lord & Berry Lip and Cheek Crayon 
(Lip Monthly)

This was pretty creamy and pigmented! 
I used this as a lip liner for this look, but I
could see myself loving this as a matte lip look
by itself! 
*Bae / liquid lipstick / pinky mauve shade
(Kiss Me)

This is one of my all-time favorite
lip shades on myself! I knew I would love this
shade. It's like a my-lips-but-better shade.
Their formula for these are still amazing in my opinion
and the smell always makes me want a cupcake!


*Blush by My Burberry Perfume
(Play! by Sephora)

My perfume sample from Play! this month
smells so good. I wore it for the day and it's
definitely a scent I would buy. Like I said in my
unboxing, it's a sweet floral scent. 


Other Products Used:
(that aren't in my Subscriptions)

Too Faced HangoveRX Primer
Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation Stick (110 porcelain)
Tarte Shape Tape (fair)
Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette (levitation & subconscious)
Tarte Amazonian Clay Highlighter (exposed)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer (taupe)

Other Brushes Used:
(that aren't in my subscriptions)

Morphe E6
L'oreal Blend Artist Infallible Foundation Sponage
Luxie 504
XO Beauty Vegan Shimmer Tulip




Final Thoughts:
I was extremely happy with how my makeup looked and how well it wore all day long! 
The eyeshadow faded quite a bit by the end of the day, but overall, my face makeup still looked amazing! If you're interested in fuller reviews of some of these products watch for upcoming Mini Reviews on my blog








*Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor 
(Play! by Sephora) 

I also wanted to include this clay mask.
I used it at the end of this day and once more
while blogging this. I can already see a
HUGE difference in how clean and small
my pores are! I plan to do another skincare
blog soon, so I'll include this then.
I'll 
definitely be purchasing this! 


I just used it in my t-zone area to target
my problem spots. 


































Subscriptions Mentioned:
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als