Skip to main content

Kat Von D // Saint & Sinner Palette Review

Kat Von D // Saint & Sinner Palette Review 



Oh, Saint & Sinner palette, how much I wanted to LOVE you. 
I normally don't start palette reviews off with that saying, do I? I know, it's crazy. I've seen so much love for this palette. I do really like this palette, but I would be lying if I said I loved it. The colors in this are amazing! This got me out of my comfort zone with every look created and let me experiment with new colors on my eyes that I thought I would never want to use! The pigmentation is there for sure! It overall, is a really beautiful palette. I love the concept of having a more natural side and then a more wild side. The palette itself is pretty large, I have no problem with this. I wouldn't travel with something this big though. Now discussing the hard issues I had with this palette.  I created so many looks with this palette and have been using it since October! I have seven looks below to show each shade used. A lot of my looks turned out really good and I loved my eye makeup. Others WOULD NOT blend together. The struggle was real. People are complaining about the Subculture, but loving these shadows?! I don't own any other Kat Von D palettes so It's hard for me to compare. I want to try her others out to see if this is just a "limited-edtion" issue that I'm having. There are 24 shades in this palette so honestly I would let some not-so-good shadows slide and still love the palette for the shadows that look wonderful on my eyes, but there's another issue. After applying this eyeshadow I (like I always do to test shadows out) watched how they wore on my eyes. I have so many palettes that last all day long. This palettes looks lasted me anywhere from 3-5 hours on my eyes. Not even a whole "work day"... Not impressed. It's such a bummer, because this is a gorgeous palette!  The good credit I'll give to this palette is the shade range. If you are a real big fan of wild eyeshadow colors then you may still want this! You also have to factor in how much you'll use it with the price tag that's on this palette. I will still be keeping this palette and I know I'll get use out of the unique shades that I don't own in other palettes. I will mainly wear these on nights where I will need makeup for only a few hours. I will definitely not be reaching for this for an all day look again. 
Again this has 24 shadows:
(2) Toppers: Absolution & Rapture
(6) Metallics: Chalice, Heaven, Rosary, Ministry, Relic, & Stigmata
(4) Pearlescents: Worship, Immaculate, Sacred Heart, & Sanctuary 
(7) Mattes: Amen, Crucifix, Baptism, Sabbath, Martyr, Devil, & Exorcism
(5) Glitters: Cathedral, Ashes, Revelation, Vestment, & Exodus 

Kat Von D Saint & Sinner Palette is a 6/10 for me! 
This palette is $62.00
This is very limited-edition so this may only be available through online makeup selling sites. 












Look 1: 

Shades Used:


Amen, Baptism, Crucifix, Rosary, & Sanctuary






***








Look 2: October Subscription Try-On Look

Shades Used:

Amen, Martyr, Devil, & Immaculate.









***









Look 3:

Shades Used:

Amen, Ashes, Sacred Heart, Chalice, & Rapture.










***










Look 4: 


Shades Used:

Amen, Cathedral, Worship, Baptism, & Absolution.



***










Look 5: 

Shades Used:

Amen, Exorcism, Vestment, & Exodus.



***








Look 6:

Shades Used:

Amen, Stigmata, Relic, & Revelation. 


***







Look 7:

Shades Used:

Amen, Heaven, Sabbath, Baptism, & Ministry. 


Saint Side
Sinner Side



Saint Side (swatches left to right):
Cathedral, Sanctuary, Chalice, Rosary, Heaven, Sacred Heart, Worship, Baptism, Crucifix, Amen, Immaculate, & Absolution. 




Sinner Side (swatches left to right):
Stigmata, Exodus, Revelation, Relic, Ministry, Devil, Ashes, Exorcism, Vestment, Martyr, Sabbath, & Rapture. 



(All looks mentioned will be added to the blog soon!)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als