Skip to main content

Anastasia Beverly Hills // Subculture Palette Review

Anastasia Beverly Hills // Subculture Palette Review



If you've read my Palette Review on the Modern Renaissance palette then you already know my love for it. There has been a lot of controversy over Subculture this past year. I really wasn't sure if I even wanted to buy this palette, but I couldn't pass it up over the color layout. What people say about the fall-out is very true, but the only time it has been a huge issue for me was when I didn't tap the excess product off my brush good enough. These are super powdery like the rumors say, but in my opinion I think it was exaggerated a tad. The shadows in Modern Renaissance are powdery too. Maybe not as bad as this palette, but it's not a huge difference. The pigmentation is there again for Anastasia Beverly Hills! The opaqueness of these shadows is unreal. A little goes a very very long way. That is after tapping off excess. The only letdown this palette has for me is the blendability. Other beauty influencers have mentioned this issue, but what a lot of them don't mention is that with practice, you can still achieve flawless looks, as you can with  the Modern Renaissance. I feel a lot of people used this once and gave up. I understand that you don't want to spend $40+ on a eye palette that takes a little while longer blending than others, but for these shades and pigment it's worth it to me! I've been playing with this palette for a few months now and although I don't love it as much as Modern Renaissance, it's still very close. 
Overall, this may not last as long as a Naked palette or Too Faced palette because of how much fall-out there is when tapping into the pans and that is a bummer, but like I said I've been trying this out for three months now. You can see below I have not hit pan like many claimed they did after one use! Just remember to tap lightly into your pans. The blending issues are a huge deal for me. I have to make sure I have the extra time when getting ready to spend on a little extra blending, but I love the out come. I've gotten better and better with each look I've created as I went. 
This palette comes with 14 shades. 11 ultra-mattes (roxy, dawn, destiny, fudge, new wave, untamed, all star, mercury, edge, rowdy, & axis),  1 metallic (adorn), & 2 duo-chrome (cube & electric). 

This palette is a 8/10 for me! 
Subculture is $42.00. You can find it on ABH, Ulta, & Sephora!











 Look 1 

Shades Used:

Dawn, Fudge, Edge, Axis, & Cube.




 Look 2 (FabFitFun Fall 2017 Makeup Look // ABH Subculture Palette)

Shades Used:

Dawn, Mercury, Adorn, Rowdy, & Cube.



Look 3

Shades Used:

Dawn, New Wave, All Star, & Cube. 







Look 4


Shades Used:

Dawn, Roxy, Destiny, Untamed, Electric, & Cube. 








Top Row of Shades (left to right swatches):




Cube, Dawn, Destiny, Adorn, All Star, Mercury, & Axis.












Bottom Row of Shades (left to right swatches):




Roxy, Electric, Fudge, New Wave, Untamed, Edge, & Rowdy.








These looks will be on the blog soon!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als