Skip to main content

SPF Products of 2020 | Beauty

SPF Products of 2020 | Beauty 


I know,  I mentioned one of these last year for sure, but I wanted to share it again plus a few more products I'm loving this summer that have SPF included in them. While I really like most of these, some of them have negatives I need to breakdown for you. SPF is super important in the summer, but should be all year long too! No judgement here because I have slacked on it too, but I have read so much on SPF with anti-aging skincare. I have also talked to others with already maturing skin and how they swear by their SPF for youthful skin. Actual sunscreen SPF is the absolute best for sun protection, but if you can get it in other products such as color correctors, moisturizers, setting sprays, or BB and CC creams that is great and it's at least some protection against those UVA-UVB rays.



So this has been my go-to body sunscreen for the last couple of summers, unless I'm throwing on baby sunblock after I lather the boys in it. Ha! Bare Republic does have one for the face too. I just personally haven't tried it, but I wouldn't recommend this one for the face since it is a body one. It may cause you to break out. Plus you can get better SPF coverage in face products with this one only being 30. This one has a runny consistency, but is nice and spreads over my arms/legs smoothly. I also appreciate the nice scent. It's a light tropical scent. Since it is a body one you get a bigger bottle, but the rest are all face/skincare items. This one was just good enough to share too! Your body is just as important as your face!



This one I have used for my face with no issues. It is super gentle on my skin. Although it is a moisturizer it has an SPF 50 which is incredible! I don't like going over SPF 50, but with my face I prefer 50 over less. 
This one isn't like the one I mentioned before. It doesn't feel like a sunscreen when you apply it. It's like a light moisturizer that turns slightly tacky on the skin after it sinks in. Which is great for a makeup base if you use this as your daily SPF before makeup. Coola has a lot of amazing products, but this has been my favorite so far because it is a product I can wear under my makeup or alone without it irritating my skin or bothering me. Oh and apparently the packaging has changed, but the one I linked is the same product as this. The bottle is smaller, but perfect size for a face product and a little goes a long way. It does have a smell to it, but more like a natural skincare scent.



As you can tell this deluxe sample got a lot of love with not much product left in it. This was my go-to for awhile and while I love Purlisse and so many of their products... I fell in love with the Coola one. This one is great by itself, but it's a little thick feeling on the face. The Coola moisturizer is white too, but rubs out quick to sheer. This one takes a little more and has a drop in SPF. This one also has more of the sunscreen scent to it. If you're looking for just a nice light face SPF it's nice, but can be a little oily on the skin. Nothing wrong with that if you can handle the feeling and dewy look of the skin. I couldn't find this exact one on their site, but they have the Blue Lotus one with the same SPF 30 you can check out. 



This is a straight up face sunscreen. Not moisturizer, but just the SPF goods. I have some pros and cons on this one. I don't like it under my makeup. It feels like a Smashbox photo focus silicone primer moment. It's not really my thing, but on its own for a no makeup day it is nice. It goes on sheer, doesn't have a strong scent, good in between SPF coverage, doesn't leave the skin oily feeling (or looking), and is water/sweat resistant which is great for outdoor activities. This one I like for days outside in the backyard with my kids, when I garden, when I take our dog for a walk, etc. I'm really enjoying it for non makeup days!



Staying with Supergoop! for a minute.. This one sounds amazing.. SPF you spray on and you're good to go, but this is another non makeup moment. Over makeup you get super oily and it breaks the makeup up on your face. This is just a deluxe sample too, but the spray is actually nice and very fine. It has SPF 50 which again, is great, but I feel like I would go with their other over this one for the way it makes my skin feel. I also am not a fan of the scent in this one. You can't really tell once it is applied, but because it is so strong at application it makes me wonder how harsh it is on my face. I like that the other doesn't have that scent. Either way they're both non makeup day go-to products that I will use up, but if I repurchase I would buy the other over this one. 



So this product is not only a redness color correcting skincare product, but also has sunscreen SPF 30. I want to touch briefly on this one because I just filmed a Skincare Sunday on this product that will be up this coming Sunday. I really like their Tiger Grass cream product so I was happy to try this out. It smells just like their Tiger Grass Cream which smells like essentials oil haha. It has a green tint, as you can see, which helps combat redness in your skin and has worked really well for me. Wether my skin is irritated or has breakouts at my time of the month this product dulls that down right before makeup application. My makeup layers on it very well and it's a good SPF 30 under my makeup. 



And lastly, I wanted to recommend two of my go-to lightweight BB and CC creams that have SPF included in them to maybe save you some time and stress. It Cosmetics CC has SPF 50 and amazing coverage while Purlisse has SPF 30 and sheer to light coverage. Both are amazing products, light weight, gives your skin a healthy glow, and wear amazingly. I enjoy them both so much in the summer for all those reasons. 
I hope this was helpful for your SPF needs. Just don't forget your body is just as important as your face and also make sure to use the face products on your neck too. You neck ages faster than your face. What is most important is your protection and being pro active with your health against skin cancer. XO


Did you miss these blogs? 







I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 
 Socials:
Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Vlog Channel: All The Things w/ AllyBrianne Caffeine & Crime: Podcast Caffeine & Crime: Blog
This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als