Skip to main content

The 5: Highlighters | Makeup

The 5: Highlighters | Makeup




I've really been enjoying this series on my blog, but wanted to spice things up with a more exciting category like highlighters. I will have some other 'The 5' posts down below if you're interested, but these are just a fun way to speed run 5 reviews of one category of makeup. I know I have mentioned some of these brand highlighters in past blogs, but never in this series so I hope you enjoy! 
*Fair skin disclaimer* I am rather fair so these shades are all suitable for mainly fair skin, but they would be blinding shades on deeper skin tones. Either way I hope mentioning the formula, pros, cons, etc. helps no matter your skin tone. 



Ofra Cosmetics

I know I have a whole blog on Ofra Cosmetics highlighters already, but they're up there in my list of top highlighters so I had to mention them again. I chose a shade I haven't posted about before as it is my newest shade to my collection. This is the Ofra x Madison Miller highlight in the shade Moondance. It is stunning! It is in between Rodeo Drive and Star Island. It is perfect for fair skin while not being as icy as Star Island. My favorite thing about Ofra highlights besides being insanely gorgeous is the fact that they're probably the smoothest formula I own. The hard part with highlighters is they really can empathize any skin texture, but this formula is the best in my opinion for that issue. The pigment is there and so is the longevity of wear. They're honestly some of the best highlighters I own. 



Becca Cosmetics 

Oh Becca, I hate to see you go. They're known for their highlighters and while I do like them I actually love their primers more. Becca recently announced they will be shutting the business down come September of this year. It is sad news and I personally thought it was unexpected. It was mainly so because of their loved highlighters that I never thought they would close. While they really are known for the collab of Champagne Pop with Jaclyn Hill.. I quite prefer Moonstone over it. It is their icier gold option which wears on fair skin much better without any stripes on your cheeks. I do wish they would have continued to release more shades (not talking about prism pink/color shades either) and sticking with staple items because I think it really would have helped business. They are super nice highlighters that are insanely pigmented and wear amazing. They do have the downfall of empathizing texture, but I can say not the worst out there. If you haven't tried them I would grab one before they're gone. They last a lifetime. 


KKW Beauty

A newer love of mine. This is the most buttery consistency of highlighter I think I have ever tried.. It came busted as you can see the repress (don't worry they did replace it with a new one), but it is such a buttery soft formula that repressing was so easy. I didn't have to add anything to it besides just pressing/packing it back down in the pan. This is from the Mrs. West Collection and is called Forever. It is a pretty light champagne with a light gold shift. Although this shade/formula can be built up to blinding pigment.. The light glow moment is where it is at. I love to subtly apply it for a more natural glow. It is super beautiful either way, but take note the more built up the more texture you'll see. It again isn't the most terrible at picking up texture though. After trying this one I am more than ready to have more KKW highlighters. 


Lunar Beauty

You already know my love for Lunar Beauty eyeshadow palettes and even lip products! This is their Moon Prism Powder (I know, so cute!) in the shade Mercury which is the lightest in the shade range. Although, it is stunning and such a unique highlight formula. I do wish for more of a shade range with an even lighter shade. This one pulls a little too gold for my fair skin, but you can bet I still rock it. It has this intense glow to it that makes me fall in love every time. The only downfall is that freaking texture detail. If I'm going through a hard time with skin texture I do normally have to avoid this highlighter. It is such a bummer, but for smooth skin days this is an incredible highlight. 



Kylie Cosmetics

Last, but definitely not least we have Kylie Cosmetics. I only have two of her highlighters. The first one I have I liked, but wasn't like over the moon about it. It's a decent highlighter, but noting too special until I got this one called True Mama from the Koko Collection. This is the first highlighter ever that has a shimmer sparkle to it that I absolutely adore! It's normally not my thing, but in this formula it just works. It is another gold moment, but I feel I can even pull it off and I'm no where near as tan as the Kardashians. It also has a little peachy pink shift to it as well. I wore this in just about every look I could last summer and plan to again this year. The texture issue is the same as the last, but I feel like that goes hand in hand with any shimmer highlighters. That is normally why I don't reach for them, but it's not anything too crazy with this one. I find myself still loving it for how beautiful it is. It unfortunately is no longer available as I am seeing now, but worth mentioning incase you wanted to pick up one of her others that has that shimmer throw to them. 




So which one are you trying? XO



Did you miss these blogs? 



I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 

 Socials:

Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Caffeine & Crime: Podcast
Caffeine & Crime: Blog



This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als