Skip to main content

The 5: Primers | Makeup

 The 5: Primers | Makeup

I've been seeing a lot of spit fire speed reviews on YouTube recently and while I have done that type of video myself...I thought it could be a really fun series over here on my blog as I go through my collection and share 5 of each category and my speed run reviews on them. My normal makeup blog posts on palettes I've been doing will still be coming every other week in between these. Today we're kicking it off with primer because like NilkkiTutorials says "not to prime is a crime." 


ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer 

I quickly fell in love with this affordable primer from ColourPop. I mean who wasn't stoked about their Pretty Fresh line?! I unfortunately, soon found out my skin couldn't take the amount of coconut oil that is in their tinted moisturizer in that line, but for some reason I can handle this primer and the setting spray. So if you had the same issues and you're afraid to try this primer because of that I personally didn't have the same effects! I really enjoy this primer. It is a jelly moisturizer consistency with a slight scent to it. It sinks in leaving a moisturized and barely tacky base. My makeup wears a full day on this and what I get the most from it is the hydrating benefits on my dry skin. The packaging isn't my absolute favorite as it is all plastic and even the lid just cracks (and barely stays on), but that goes hand in hand with the price tag. Plus I do enjoy a pump. 

1.0 fl oz. (30.00 mL) $12


Too Faced Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Skin Perfecting Primer 

This is a throwback primer that has been around for awhile. I used to love this a lot more than I do now since I have gotten my skin under control a little more. I find this primer to be an amazing one for oily skin for the most part. I used to have an even more oily (combo) t-zone than I do now and that was the purpose of this primer. I loved going into dewy foundations because the rest of my face was so dry, but it wouldn't hold up all day in my t-zone until I started zoning my t-zone with a matte primer. This quickly became one of my favorites to use for that. It does have their signature peach scent, but the cooling sensation I have to say is hella nice. But like I mentioned I only liked zoning my face with this product because I find that if it is used on dry skin it tends to peel as you apply foundation which is irritating. The other bonuses with this primer in the t-zone over pores is the filling and blurring it does. Packaging is a tube, but once again a pump is included. I'm usually not able to get the last bit out of this like their HangoveRX Primer. The good thing is you can cut the end of the tube to get every last bit that way. 

1.35 fl oz. (40 mL) $31


Good Molecules Silicone-Free Priming Moisturizer 

Oh how many great things I could say about Good Molecules and this product. I have been using it consistently since getting it. The first one was #gifted but it has since been repurchased by me. The great things with priming moisturizers is that they're a 2-in-1 product. My skin is moisturized, primed, and ready to go with this product. It is like a creamy lotion consistency. This is fragrance free and you know exactly what is going onto your skin with Good Molecules. They use all around amazing ingredients that are ethically resourced. The packaging is one that rises with every pump so you get every last bit. I find my makeup to wear amazingly with this as well so overall it is a win win! 

1.7 fl oz. (50 mL) $14


Yensa Beauty Tone Up Primer Essential Glow 

This one has a tint to it plus it is a thicker consistency which I cringed at with my first use. I was fearing that overly silicone feeling was going to happen which I hate. This product surprised me with sinking into the skin and leaving not only a good base for makeup, but a pretty base at that. I looked in the mirror and thought "if it wasn't for these damn breakouts I would rock this alone." While I say a "tint" it isn't a coverage tint. It is a sheen tint, but it's the glow, the blurring, and finish that make the changes to the skin. I don't notice a scent with this product either and Yensa is another amazing brand that includes "8 superblacks" in their products. These 8 (that I will have a screenshot below of) are amazing for your skin, but also have benefits such as longevity of makeup, minimizes the appearance of pores, wrinkles, fine lines, and moisturizes while brightening the skin. It does so much! The packaging is a tube that you squeeze product out and makeup wears well over. 

1.0 fl oz. (30 mL) $35


Touch in Sol No Poreblem Smooth & Pore Covering Primer 

Okay this is another cringe one that I was like "oh hell no. I will hate this." Thankfully it came in a Boxycharm and since I do a try-on video with them it forced me to try it. This product is pink, thick like silicone primers, and highly fragranced. It does have good qualities too though! Most silicone feeling primers (smashbox like) just smear all over the place and do more damage than good. This primer does the same as a silicone primer (filling and blurring pores), but it then dries down to a smooth base and not a slippery one. The fragrance goes away with product applied over it. This product is still not my absolute favorite as silicone type primers can clog pores, but if I'm desperate for some heavy duty work on my pores then I use this. I love the smooth base it gives under my makeup and I can appreciate the glass bottle and pump! 

1.0 fl oz. (30 mL) $18


Out of these 5 which have you tried? xo 



Did you miss these blogs? 







I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 

 Socials:

Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Caffeine & Crime: Podcast
Caffeine & Crime: Blog



This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als