Skip to main content

The 5: Skin Tints/Tinted Moisturizers | Makeup

 The 5: Skin Tints/Tinted Moisturizers | Makeup

Usually I'm all about light BB or CC creams for the summer time. I don't know about you, but 2020 flipped my skin routine and I have found myself reaching solely for these year round now. With that being said, I also know how challenging it is to find the perfect one for you. It's a foundation hunt, but a tad easier I would say. I can actually say even if one of these isn't my favorites I can still pull if off either way because it is a tinted product. Also most tinted products are lightweight, not a lot of coverage so shades work more times than with foundations, and they're usually pretty hydrating. I want to state that I have combo to dry skin, acne prone, and while it can be sensitive to some products I'm usually not someone that breaks out from products (this comes into play with one of these reviews)  on my face a lot. Let's jump into some spitfire reviews on tinted moisturizers/skin tints. 


 ColourPop Pretty Fresh Tinted Moisturizer

You knew this one was coming and if you didn't then you don't know my struggle with this product. I absolutely love it! The hype was real when this one released. It has a dewy finish, it's hydrating, decent coverage, wears well, and is super affordable. The downfall you may ask? I actually feel it is VERY uncommon because I have not heard this from another soul. This product breaks me out. I mentioned in the intro that this isn't something I experience a lot with my face. In the past when "coconut oil does everything" phase was around I tried it as makeup remover and broke out horribly. That leads me to believe it is the coconut oil in this product breaking me out. I have the primer and setting spray from this line that contains coconut water that I can use just fine. It honestly is so sad and I don't think I'll ever let this go because I love this product so much! If you are looking for a tinted moisturizer and haven't tried this one I would highly recommend! I think I'm in a 1% category that can't wear it so don't stress too much about it. The shade range is nice, the packaging is nice (has a pump, but is also in a squeeze tube so you can get every last bit of product even if it involves cutting it open), and 10/10 in my opinion if it wasn't for my skin. 

Price: $6

My Shade: Fair 1N

Recommendations: All skin types.



Giorgio Armani Face Fabric

I've had this product for awhile too like the last. I did not buy it, but received it from a family member because the shade didn't match them when they got it in their influenser box. I have tried it many ways and  it works for only one thing. All over the face with absolutely no other product on top of it. This formula hates anything layered on it making it impossible to wear as a base for the rest of your makeup. I can say it does look nice on the skin, but I don't enjoy makeup application with this one either. It is a mousse like (taking me back to high school drugstore mousse formulas) consistency that doesn't apply well with any tools (brushes, sponges, etc.).. Yep, this one goes on with my fingers which I hate more than anything. Once on it sits on the skin as a light coverage moment. It is a product I would wear to the gym if I was feeling self conscious about some breakouts or to the store to pick of a few things with out doing the rest of my makeup. Literally this product, brows, and mascara. That is all it can handle. I also want to include this was all before Covid.. I can only imagine how terrible this product would be while wearing a mask! The bottom line is this product is hella expensive for the results. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. There is always another product that I could over it. If you are in the same boat as me trying to use it up.. I'm thinking maybe beach or river days in the summer..? We'll see. If this is a product of yours that I just dragged, I apologize, but please tell me how you can pull it off! It is a squeeze tube like the ColourPop one, but no pump. It claims to blur pores while leaving a matte like finish.. It does blur pores and does look matte, but it will rub right off and like I said you can't really layer anything without it peeling off. 

Price: $49

My Shade: 0.5

Recommendations: Nope. 



Purlisse Perfect Glow BB Cream

I know the last was a damper moment so I'm reeling it back in with a success! I honestly don't think I need to look any further for a product in this category after trying this BB. It is everything my skin and I need in a skin tint. It is moisturizing for my dry skin, gives a decent coverage, dewy finish, wears amazingly, layers with products so I can go full face or barely any product, and even builds up in coverage. The shade range is a let down, but I feel like it adjusts well with skin regardless as a tinted moisturizer. Oh and did I mention.. SPF 30! It's built right in and even though it's important to still wear SPF.. On days when you forget there's a little there for you. I love the ingredients and how it is oil free. It also would be suitable for any skin because you can layer powder on this product! I could honestly go on forever with this, but know I have found my match. The packaging is a tube that can be cut to get all product. It claims to be good for sensitive skin and I haven't had any issues there. They do have a few other CC, BB, etc. that I haven't tried just yet, but I have heard mixed reviews on the others. So if you are going to try one of Purlisse's products like these try this one! 

Price: $35

My Shade: Fair

Recommendations: All skin types. 



Nyx Cosmetics Bare With Me Tinted Skin Veil

My bestie, Maxx, recommended this over and over until she finally just bought it and sent it to me. Ha! But it is a very nice product! It actually reminds me a lot of the Purlisse option, but has less coverage and no SPF. You can layer it with products, it wears great, the line isn't the biggest with being a skin tint once again, and it is also a tube. This shade matches me, but I wish more brands took it into account that it is 2021 and they need to have 20+ shades. It is a very affordable option and for that it has my love! This finish is beautiful. While dewy it isn't too intense and I think almost anyone would love this product. Once again if you're oily, you can set this product with powder. It's very lightweight and super comfortable on the skin. I haven't had any bad reactions to it and overall like I said I'm super impressed! 

Price: $13

My Shade: Pale Light

Recommendations: All skin types. 



Pur Cosmetics 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer

Another nice product and this one I received in Boxycharm. There still isn't a big shade range, but it's better than some. I call this one "your skin, but better" because it has to be the lightest coverage out of all of these. I can usually get it to build a tad, but not much. But on days when my skin is looking real good and I wear this.. I'm in awe. It makes my skin look so good! It does work well with other products so you can use concealer (like I do) to cover dark circles and blemishes. It has SPF 20 which again is a nice touch to the product. It is radiant, dewy, beautiful. The 4-in-1 claims are moisturizer, primer, foundation, and SPF. While there is of course SPF and it is a great moisturizer.. I still tend to use a primer with this product and foundation?.. I feel it is too light for that. It's more of a tint. It's another tube which I love with all these products because no matter the price point you get every penny's worth with each of these products mentioned. This one is also a vegan and gluten free option. Although the coverage isn't great I still have really been enjoying this product. I'm even more intrigued to try their 4-in-1 foundation now. 

Price: $35

My Shade: LN2

Recommendations: All skin types. 




So which one are you trying? XO



Did you miss these blogs? 



I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 

 Socials:

Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Caffeine & Crime: Podcast
Caffeine & Crime: Blog



This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als