Skip to main content

Mascaras | Makeup

 Mascaras | Makeup



You may be clicking on this blog to see my "top 5 mascaras," but that isn't what this is. If you would like to see that in the future then hit me up.  This blog is for the ones I've recently been reviewing. Some are newer to the game and some have been around awhile. I went through a mascara phase where I used what worked and didn't open any others that I had laying around to try out. Sounds normal, right? But the problem was I had all these mascaras from subscriptions to try out and review.. But I kept buying my mains over and over while the others sat there. 

The past few months I started opening new ones little by little. Baby steps in a way. I now have quite a few to talk about. I have some new loves and some major duds. 

(1) Thrive Causmetics Liquid Lash Extensions $24

Alright this one was recommended so many times as a "favorite" from many. I don't know if it was the hype that left me a little underwhelmed with this one or if it's just not my cup of tea... When I first started trying this one I honestly hated it. It was super liquidity, didn't get a lot of payoff unless I built it up which then would turn to clumps, and found myself with my anxiety pulling my lashes out. Okay I can't blame the mascara for that one, but it's a tubing mascara so you can pull each "tube" off the lashes. But obviously you aren't suppose to. You're supposed to wash it off like normal mascara, but me being a picker with anxiety tended to pull at them. I got so frustrated with this mascara that I threw it in the drawer and didn't wear it again for a few weeks. When I eventually did I found it was a little more "dry" in a way that made it a lot easier to apply without clumping up. That is when I started to really like this mascara. It is one of those "open, pump some air, let sit for a week, and then use" mascaras or deal with the clumpy mess until it dries out a little. With all that being said. It still isn't a huge favorite of mine.. Yeah it is one of the best out of this bunch today, but not in general. Tubing mascaras aren't really for me like I mentioned, but I also don't like plastic bristle wands either. This one didn't bother me as much being super thin and easy to work with, but that with the other cons down play this mascara for me. 

(2) Rodial Glamolash XXL $29

With this one I didn't know what to expect. I had never heard of Rodial Beauty before, but the wand reminded me of Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes mascara (which I like), but then it was the application. Every time I have used this mascara I think to myself "not bad," but that is it. It's not super special, but I guess it gets the job done for natural looks. It does take some building up, which can be time consuming, but it doesn't clump up. The formula is a little strange. It has a stronger scent for a mascara and the consistency is almost sticky like when the wand is pulled out of the tube. Very odd, but again "not bad." 

(3) Clinique High Impact $20

Not a fan. I went into this one with an open mind because I do like Clinique, but usually just the skincare. I honestly wondered every single time I used this.. "that's it?" "High impact" with this one is not achievable without the lash primer. Maxx, my friend and podcast co-host, brought it to my attention that this one has a cohesive lash primer with it.. That's fine and all, but sell them together only then if the payoff is going to be shit with just the mascara. This is some watery, barely there, nothing coating to the lashes mascara. I can see where a primer would come in handy and she says they work great together, but that's beside the point for me. I guess what I can say is get the duo or pass all together. 

(4) Tarte Cosmetics Big Ego $23

This one here...first impressions the wand made me excited. It is my favorite type. Big, voluminous, fluffy wand. Then I used it and went to heaven and back. I tend to love Tarte's mascaras a lot. There are a couple that didn't woo me, but usually I'm impressed. This one is super nice. The packaging is "eye-taking" to say the least, but the payoff is there. They aren't playing with this one and it is a bonus to get a new, but actually good mascara in a subscription box these days. This one came in Boxycharm. It doesn't flake or do any of those dreaded things that come with mascaras, wears well, and is easily taken off at the end of the day. I highly recommend if you want some bomb ass lashes. 

(5) Lorac Pro Pomade $24

Last one for today, but if you like this type of thing let me know for future posts. This mascara I tried to love over and over. I gave it chance after chance, but it is a flop for me. It is a super watery, jet black, mess of a mascara. I will spend 20 minutes on my lashes alone with this one, which is ridiculous, and barely get any results. This one does have the curve to the wand, but I honestly don't see a big change with that in anyway. I'm pretty bummed after using it each time. I will more than likely toss it or start using it under falsies just to coat my lashes black. I wouldn't drag it so hard, but it literally does nothing to my lashes. 


Did you miss these blogs? 







I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 
 Socials:
Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Vlog Channel: All The Things w/ AllyBrianne Caffeine & Crime: Podcast Caffeine & Crime: Blog
This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als