Skip to main content

Testing Out Skincare: Tarte, Skin Food, & The Organic Pharmacy

Testing Out Skincare: Tarte, Skin Food, & The Organic Pharmacy


I've been trying out skincare just as much as makeup lately! You can follow me on Instagram to see my #maskofthenight instastories (@allisonhunt_2) and you can see some future blogs of me reviewing those masks. Todays skincare is my holy grails and/or daily used items.  






This has been my go-to cleanser for awhile now. I've actually mentioned it before in blogs. This is such a nice cleanser. It comes out in a light gel form and leaves my skin soft, clean, and refreshed! This isn't a harsh cleanser. It doesn't strip my face or irritate it at all! I was using this day and night. I use one pump in the morning (since I'm bare face) and two pumps at night (right after removing my makeup), but since I'm branching out and trying new things I've been using this just in the mornings. I feel like this is a cleanser I can't take completely out of my skincare products or my skin will get even worse again. This is the perfect morning cleanser and I'll continue to use it! 

I've been using this gel moisturizer for 2-3 months now and I absolutely love it! Any Tarte products usually work very well with my skin and this is another hit! I really like gel moisturizers and I've tried a few now, but this one has been my favorite from the smell, the way it feels on my skin, and how well it keeps my face and neck moisturized. If you are looking for the best gel moisturizer, look no further! 


This has been another holy grail for awhile. I got a smaller sample of this and even though it lasted forever (most oils do) I ran out of the whole thing within 6 months. That was on top of trying out other oils and night creams. I just really loved this oil! If my skin is going crazy with breakouts, dry skin, irritation, or really any issue I will lather this on at bedtime and my skin will already feel so much better the next morning! I'm not the type of person that likes to feel oily on my face, but I swear by this stuff! It's definitely worth it. I've used about a quarter of this bottle (this isn't even the full-size), but once I get through this one I'll be purchasing the full-size! It's worth the price!

I've been throughly trying this serum out daily to see what difference it does to my skin and more importantly my pores (since it's a pore serum). I have large pores that get so easily filled with blackheads. This is why I do so many mask, treatments, and skincare rituals because if I don't the acne and blackheads over take me. While this serum smells nice like peaches and makes my skin feel so soft, I haven't seen a difference in my pores. I've been trying this out for about 3-4 months and that's plenty of time to see a difference in my skin. I'll still be finishing this one out and if you don't have a pore problem then try this one out. It's only $16 and does make my skin feel so nice! I have seen a difference in my skin, just not my pores. On to find new pore products!  


While this is rather expensive, it works! I've been using this for the past 6 months every night. I always see a huge difference in my dark circles (from kids), less puffiness, and any fine lines that have started to form. This is one area (eyes) that I have been already using anti-aging products on. It's never too early! I don't use this much for my lips because I have other (cheaper) products that work great for that. This is a thicker white cream that sinks into the skin as you rub it in. It hydrates and makes my under eye area feel smooth and nourished. It has a fresh natural scent that isn't too strong. I love that this is organic and made with all natural ingredients as well. This makes it pricey, but better for your skin!  






































 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als