Skip to main content

Boxycharm & Play! by Sephora (January 2018)


Boxycharm & Play! by Sephora (January 2018)



GlamGlow Supercleanse Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser (Play! by Sephora)
My skin has been having some problem areas again since I'm recovering from being sick. It has been a little dull, dry, and acne-prone. This cleanser felt really nice. You add the product to your hand, then add a little water, and rub together until it forms into a foam. The cool part is you apply it to a dry face. It felt and smelled a little minty. My skin felt nice and refreshed afterwards. I'm not sure if this will be able to take the place of my Tarte cleanser, but I'll definitely keep trying it out.

Fresh Rose Floral Toner (Play! by Sephora) 
I've been loving trying new skincare lately and one of the last products I tried out was a toner. I actually just ran out of it, so I'm excited to give this one a go! This does smell a little floral, but still fresh. This feels like a great toner!

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream (Play! by Sephora)
I already have a holy grail eye cream, but I have been interested in trying this one by Clinique out. There isn't too much of a smell to this and it feels like a really nice cream. It sinks right into the skin. 



Trying out the GlamGlow Supercleanse Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser (Play! by Sephora)





Dr. Brandt Pores No More Luminizer Primer (Boxycharm)
My first impression on this product is it filled my pores and really helped to not make them noticeable. I didn't see a huge difference with the "luminizer" part, but I will definitely keep trying it out and post a mini review on it soon. 


Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation (fair neutral)

Urband Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer (fair neutral)
Face Brushes Used: 
Morphe M439
Beauty Blender
It! Cosmetics Chic Powder
Morphe R7
It! Cosmetics Chic Blush
XO Beauty Vegan Shimmer Tulip 



Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder

It! Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil (Boxycharm)

I have actually tried this pencil before. It was a couple years ago. I got it in an Ipsy Glam Bag,  swatched it, and automatically knew I couldn't use it with my blonde eyebrows. I passed it along to my sister to try and then I seen the "sneak peak" of this product in this months Boxycharm and knew I was going to have to try it again for the blog! I went very light-handed with this and it's not too bad! I honestly would say this is the shade my eyebrows are when I go all in for dark brows with my normal products, but again light-handed! This can definitely get darker! I'm extremely happy with this and loved how it wore through the day. I'm proud of myself for branching out more in the eyebrow world and going a little darker with them. It was definitely out of my comfort zone, but now I don't mind it as much. 

Pur The Complexion Authority Bronze and Brighten Cheek Palette (Boxycharm)
Oh my, was I nervous to try this! These are so buttery and swatch like eyeshadows! I was mainly concerned about the bronzer, but also a little worried about the blush. You guys know I'm not a huge blush person. I barely tapped with my brushes and built the pigment up as I blended them out. It was actually really nice! The bronzer ended up being a tad patchy on me (my skin is in desperate need of being exfoliated, so that could be why), but the shade was beautiful. The blush (again went very light with it!) was so pretty and luminous! The highlight is intense, but still gorgeous! A little goes a long way with this palette! 









Crown Pro Glam Metals Palette (Boxycharm)
I'm always excited to see eyeshadow palettes in subscriptions! These shades look promising, but my first impressions on them aren't as good as I hoped. I'm still of course going to keep trying it and do a full in depth palette review, but a couple shades were a tad patchy and didn't want to blend out. The shade range is very pretty! 
I wore the shade The Wicked (bottom left shade) in my outer corner and crease, Wild Thing (top middle shade) just in the center of my lid, and Rock On (middle left shade) in the inner corner of my lid. I tried to mimic that on the lower lash line as well.  I finished it with a small wing and mascara of course!

Eye Brushes Used:
Morphe E28
Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow
Elizabeth Mott Blending Brush


Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Mac Bold & Bad Lash Mascara



Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray 

Girlactik Matte Lip Paint (Boxycharm)
This is in the shade Posh. This is a runny formula and was actually  a little hard to work with. The results of this is stunning though! I loved it. It was light-weight, comfortable, very matte, and pigmented! This shade almost looked like a terra-cotta shade on me and I'm living for those shades at the moment! This wore decently, but did wear off by the 5-6 hour mark. 



Finished Look: 












Boxycharm is a $21 monthly makeup subscription and you receive 4-5 makeup items. This is one of the best out there for sure! These normally retail for over $100 and the products are normally  amazing! If you are looking for the best makeup subscription and only one, this is the one I would more than likely recommend to you. All products are full-sized and usually they are high-end items. I also love the discount you can get when subscribing to Boxycharm. For instance I pay $59 every 3 months for mine. The more months you pay in advance the better the discount! This months Boxycharm retails for $144! If you're interested in this subscription you can use this LINK


Play! by Sephora is a $10 (plus tax) monthly subscription from Sephora! They pretty much pick a theme, find the most high rated products to go with it, and send you samples of those products. Yes, this one is all samples. I enjoy it because I shop with Sephora a lot and I'd rather try out high-end products in a sample form first instead of spending so much on an item and maybe not even liking it. This is only $10 and the samples usually last long enough for me to tell if I would want to purchase the full-size product or not. Another plus to this subscription is the 50 point card you can take to a local Sephora and use with your next purchase to claim those points! If you're interested in this subscription you can use this LINK
(Since all the products in the Play! box are samples I don't like giving a retail $$ because you can't purchase these sizes on their site.)





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als