Skip to main content

Tarte [Make Believe in Yourself] Palette Review





I'm so excited to finally be getting this blog done! I enjoy doing review on eye palettes so much and plan to have a lot more coming! 
Eyeshadow is one of my favorite pieces of makeup and I usually fall in love with every palette I see, but I tend to usually buy only the ones I really see myself wearing. Or, if a couple shades really stick out to me I will buy them too. Although buying this palette was something out of my comfort zone on colors, I still wanted to check it out Plus, it was on sale! I've had so much fun experimenting with these colors and I'm really looking forward to reviewing more, because this really has gotten me out of my comfort zone and has made me want to try new things! 

Now into this review. If you didn't know already, this is the Tarte Make Believe in Yourself  Palette. First of all, is this palette beautiful or what?! These shades can sometimes be so intimidating to use (especially when the formulas don't blend well), but I didn't have too many issues. Of course I like to use a variety of different shadows and palettes for the same look, but I wanted to create looks using each shade from this palette. I tried to use at least two of them with each look (plus some others that you can check out in the tutorials I'll have posted soon enough) and they all turned out beautifully. I like more matte colors (this palette only has one matte) in my eye looks, but that wasn't the case with these looks. Get ready for some tutorials with a lot of shimmer. These are so pigmented and creamy and this palette smells so good! It's one of those scents that is hard to explain, but it smells heavenly. I can usually even smell them while I'm wearing them. I know some might not like that, but you should really smell this! It kind of smells like a Mac lipstick, but it's just a little stronger. I've heard some complain about Tarte shadows "not lasting" or the shades actually "fade" and make it look like just gray all over your eyes. Thankfully that isn't the case for me. I have more palettes from them and I've never had that problem. I do really love the smell, formula, and overall quality these shadows have. This is a $40 palette, but I believe it is $30 until they sell out completely since this is a limited edition line! I personally think that is a steal for a palette of this quality and the fact that it is limited edition! These bright colors are fun to play with and if you are trying to get more colorful and creative with your make, I say go for it!

I give this palette a 8/10
*Great pigment and formula
**beautiful highlight shade
***Bright colors that stand out
****Good cute packaging

-I wish there were extra matte shades in this palette. 
-The downfall of it being a limited edition item. 





















Blue eye look created with the shades: Mystic & Dream












Green and Copper eye look created with the shades: Marvel & Wings.









Purple eye look created with the shades: Fairy & Trance.








Pink/Mauve and Bronze eye look created with the shades: Myth, Pixie, Crystal, & Magic.





Get your Taste [Make Believe in Yourself] eyeshadow palette here: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-make-believe-in-yourself-eye-and-cheek-palette


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als