Skip to main content

July Monthly Beauty Favorites


 July Monthly Beauty Favorites 
I've been keeping my fingernails pretty naturally and trying to
get them more healthier and longer looking, but I got this
Kokie nail polish in an Ipsy bag a couple months ago and
I've been using it a lot this summer on my toes. It's a really pretty
periwinkle color. This is in the shade Heavenly.



I actually bought this awhile back and used it (at least the body mist, as you can tell) so much.
I've recently started using them again and have fallen in love with the scent once again. It's a mixture of vanilla and coconut. Those are my favorites!


 FACE:
For face care, I've still been using this tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Gel Cleanser. I absolutely  love this stuff! This is a "must have" and "holy grail" for me! It has helped my face problems (I still have some issues of course, but it's improved since using this religiously) so much and doesn't dry my skin out too much as long as I'm using a good moisturizer. That brings me to the next product, Caudalie Moisturizing Sorbet. It is very hydrating and leaves my skin really soft. This is just a sample (from an Ipsy bag) I have, but I would definitely recommend this item even for the price it is. Another sample I've been getting some use out of the last few weeks is this exfoliating Perfecting Face Polish by Organic Surge Daily Care. This summer has dried my face out more than ever, but I feel like with this face wash, a daily moisturizer, and an exfoliating wash/scrub every couple days it has maintained it well for me.


My "holy grail" foundation for this summer has been Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation.  This is such a light foundation. It's more medium coverage, but you can build it up for some extra. I'm in the shade fair neutral.
I've been wanting to try out different concealers, but I'm so stuck on this Tarte Shape Tape concealer. It has such good coverage and highlights the high points on my face so well. I use the shade fair.
I finally gave up on "drug store" setting powders recently and jumped on a more "high end" bandwagon with this Laura Mercier Translucent Face Powder. After using this I don't think my foundation and concealer has ever looked this good! It's so smooth and sets in place really well. I'm really happy with this purchase.
Next is Mac Fix+I've been using this over my tarte one recently. I may just be weird, but I'm not a fan of the scent of this. I would like to try one of their better scented ones, but I feel like that's what holds me back from using this too much. It does the job, though! It's really refreshing for a prep spray and sets my makeup nicely.


I've been getting a lot of use out of the Tarte tarteist Pro Glow To Go palette a lot this summer. I'm obsessed with the Chisel bronzer shade in it. This past month, I've been using my Becca Jaclyn Hill face palette. I've been using the highlight Prosecco Pop and blush Rose Spritz the most. I just adore this face palette.






 EYES:


I've been trying to use up samples lately to try out new stuff before purchasing the actual size. I have so many laying around that I need to use them up! Primers are one item that I  have so many samples of. Any primer usually goes a long way, so I love getting samples of those. I honestly  like to just conceal my eye lids (I have darker veins on my lids) with my shape tape and then just powder over them before starting my eye makeup. That's the main reason I've accumulated so many eye primers that aren't getting used. This past month, I've been trying this Thank me Later eye primer by Elizabeth Mott. I still conceal because of my veins on my lids, but then I apply this primer over that. I feel like my eyeshadow stays on my eyes longer, but the pigmentation and blending of shadows is about the same as using concealer. I do like this product, though.
I've had these ColourPop eye liners for such a long time. I went through a phase of not wearing any liner, or only wearing a nude one in the water line, that I wasn't getting much use out of any of my kohl or gel type ones. These are so creamy and are easily applied with pigmentation on your water line. They wear great for me, too. The cost of these is affordable and great for the quality!
I really don't need to explain my love for this L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradisebecause I'm sure you've tried it by now since everyone is going crazy over this $10 mascara. If not, you can check out my last beauty blog on this product. It really is amazing, and that's why it has once again made my favorites list.

My review on the mascara is on this blog: https://bitsofsunshine1407.blogspot.com/2017/07/beauty-tutorial-review-on-loreal-vs-too.html




         
With this Jaclyn Hill X Morphe palette, I don't have a lot of favorite palettes this month. This palette can be used for so many eye looks. I've done fun blues, smoky reds, shimmery pinks, and plenty of neutral eyes with it. This palette is great for any season because of the great variety of colors. I'm still so impressed with this! This sold out once again and isn't back in stock yet, but the Morphe website says it'll be back in stock in the month August!

My blog on this palette: https://bitsofsunshine1407.blogspot.com/2017/07/jaclyn-hill-x-morphe-palette-review.html


I have been wanting to try out more of Tarte's eye shadow sine I've fallen in love with so many of their items lately.  Once again, I fell in love with this one. It has more common shades and isn't something a lot of people wound want because of that, but I love the size of this, and it's a palette that would be great for traveling! It has the best neutrals, but also some darker shades for a smoky eye. The pigment is there and they blend great for me!






 LIPS:



Along with my face being really dry, so have my lips. I use Burt's Bees chapstick to help moisturize them. This one is the scent of vanilla bean. It smells so good! I love all of these lipsticks, and that's mainly what I've used this past month. Some of them have been used for a couple months now. I loving wearing these colors! All of these are creamy formulas because mattes or liquid lipsticks aren't looking cute on my dry lips. Swatches can be seen below to get a better look at the colors.

From top to bottom swatches:



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als