Skip to main content

August Ipsy Glam Bag



If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample sized beauty products. I've been getting one for two and an half  years  now. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my August  2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below).


 First of all, I normally do my Ipsy reviews a week earlier than this one is being put up. I don't know what took so long this month whether it was Ipsy or just USPS being delayed.  USPS has actually taken one of my bags to the wrong state before which ended up delaying my time of receiving it then as well. Anyway, this month's came in this yellowish/gold envelope instead of the usual pink one. August's bag is all about "Good Vibes" and I'm all for that! This month I was also sent a little booklet explaining their new "Ipsy Cash" rewards program which seems pretty great! To sum it up, you can earn up to 30% cash back when you shop through them. This is with a lot of brands too. Examples: Bobbi Brown, Mac, Smashbox, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and much more! Once again I'll have everything linked below so you can check it out yourself. You do have to be an Ipsy subscriber to get these cash back offers, and a link to sign up for your Ipsy Glam bag will be down below as always.





 (1)  First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser 

I started my day off using this product to cleanse my skin. It is made with red clay and claims to remove excess oils, unclog pores, and purify. It has a thicker consistency and is red with a little bit of shimmer to it. The smell reminds me of a aloe vera skin calming lotion (sounds odd, but that's what came to my mind when smelling it). Using a small amount went a long ways and applied thick. It cleaned my face very well, but it's hard for me to judge a skincare item after just one use! 

This retails for $12.00-24.00 (depending on the size)

Where you can get it: https://www.firstaidbeauty.com/skin-rescue-deep-cleansing-gel-red-clay

My sample cost: $6.00






(2) Aurora X Ipsy Pro Color Corrector

I got the shade 62 pistachio which is green. Green colored skin correctors are known to help cancel out redness and acne on the skin. That is just what I used this for on my face under my foundation. It worked nicely, but it does set/dry down pretty fast. I was still able to blend it out with a concealer brush. I feel it really did minimize the appearance of my troubles at the moment. I will be using this product! 

This retails for $8.00
Where you can get it: http://www.auroracosmeticsny.com/shop/face/pro-coverup-concealer.html
My sample cost: $4.00


 (3) Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash 

This is a tiny mascara sample, but I did end up liking the formula and I'm glad I could try it out before buying a full size. I don't feel like I got extreme lengths in my lashes with this mascara, but it is a good one for a day to day use or just to coat your lashes before falsies. What I really like is how it separated my lashes. I had no clumping and the formula wasn't runny. 
The wand is a long and skinny which would be really ideal for the lower lashes. I would say this is one of the best natural mascaras I have used.

This retails for $25.00

Where you can get it: https://www.makeupforever.com/us/en-us/make-up/eyes/mascara/excessive-lash?sku=7528

My sample cost: $6.25







(4) Hikari Shimmer Bronzer Flush 


I have gotten a couple of Hikari items in the past and they were good items, but I had some issues. The one I remember the most was a hot pink blush, and it was so pigmented that I just couldn't blend it out! I tried it several times and I always ended up looking like a hot-mess and gave up on it. I was worried when I received this, but gave it a go anyways for this blog! 
I was pleasantly surprised that the formula must be different and it applied beautifully. This had just enough pigment, but left my face looking more on the natural side which I like. This is a good sample size!

This retails for $17.00


My sample cost: $13.50










(5) The Balm Voyage Vol. 2 

I received the shade: Kuwakaribisha.
The formula on these are buttery and they blend really well. The sample size is tiny but cute. This definitely makes me want to purchase the actual palette. I only used this with my eyeshadow today as the brow bone and inner corner highlight. It looked so pretty. With this sample it is easy for my to use as eyeshadow, but would be harder for me to fit my highlight brush in the small pan. Overall the pigmentation and formula is what makes me love getting this item this month! 

This retails for: $ 39.50 (whole palette) 


My sample cost: $2.63


The bag is once again so cute! Having so many little makeup bags can get a little overwhelming, but some are too cute to get rid of or giveaway and this is one of those! 

Overall bag price: $32.28





The last item I wanted to mention is one that I got for free on Ipsy with my Ipsy points that I've been saving up. This is a liquid lipstick by the same brand as the green corrector. This is the Aurora Ultimate Matt liquid Lipstick in the shade Fairy. 
I try to save my points up for awhile, and then when something catches my eye and I have enough points...I get it. This was one of those items, and I'm glad I got it. It's a great long-wearing liquid lipstick. This is yet again another awesome brand that I wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for Ipsy. 

This retails for $8.00


my sample cost: $8.00 
I won't include this in my overall bag price, even though I got this free with my points! 












 If you want to get your own Ipsy glam bag: https://www.ipsy.com/new?cid=ppage_ref&sid=link&refer=bjmo


 July Ipsy Glam Bag: https://bitsofsunshine1407.blogspot.com/2017/07/july-2017-ipsy-glam-bag.html

June Ipsy Glam Bag:  https://bitsofsunshine1407.blogspot.com/2017/06/june-ipsy-glam-bag.html















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als