Skip to main content

July 2017 Ipsy Glam Bag



This months Ipsy bag was a pretty good one!  If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. I've been getting one for a little over two years now. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my July 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below).


First of all this bag is so cute, but too funny! I've seen this little guy going viral on different social medias. This months Ipsy bag is "Over Easy" and I got some pretty great products! 

The first item is this Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel.
This is actually my all time, holy grail face cleanser! I use this daily, so I was
pretty excited to get a travel sample to take on vacation with me!
I've had combination skin lately and this doesn't make my skin too dry, but also
doesn't let it get oily. It has really helped clear up my skin and I've noticed huge
diferences in blackheads and breakouts since using this! This full product retails (starting
out, it depends on which size you choose) for $12.00, but you can't buy this sample unless you buy a facial sample set. You can find this size on places like Ebay for as low as $3.25.
After using my primer mist, I used my second item which is this moisturizer by Caudalie 
in the scent creme sorbet. This smells florally/fresh and has a creamy consistency. I liked the way
it felt on my face and it didn't make my skin too oily. I hate when my moisturizer
makes my skin too oily because that really effects the way my makeup will apply and look.
The full size bottle of this retails for $39.00. Again, you can't purchase this sample unless you buy a
a sample set. I saw that this item was on places like Ebay for $3.
The third product is this full size eye liner by Ciate. This is a gel kohl liner
with an angled brush to "smoke out" your liner on the other end. I really do try to
like this brand, because every time I apply on of their products I normally love it.
They're just not very long wearing. After a few hours, this was almost completely
worn off of my water line. Bummer. I'll try it again for sure since I
loved how it applied. This retails for $18.00 on Sephora.

For the fourth product, I got this blush palette from Triffle Cosmetics. This
one is the Raspberry Ripple blush palette. The shades are really pretty and have good
pigmentation. They applied beautifully. The only downfall for me is the actual size
of this. It's pretty small and kinda hard to get certain cheek brushes into the pans
if you aren't wanting to mix shades. I used the light bubble gum pink one today.

This is on  Bonanza for $5.99.






My final product was another brush. I love how many brushes I
get from Ipsy! This one is an Illuminator brush by the brand Beau Gachis. I liked
this brush, but not for highlight. It worked fine, but I prefer bigger highlighting
brushes. I would really like this brush for concealer though! This one is also selling
on Ebay for as low as $4.00! 








My completed look using all my Ipsy items plus some of my own. There were a few things I didn't like about this bag, but I did still enjoy it! 

Bag total value: $34.24
If you want to get your own Ipsy glam bag: https://www.ipsy.com/new?cid=ppage_ref&sid=link&refer=bjmo
















Comments

  1. I got the brush in my ipsy bag this month too. I also thought i was going to use it for concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it out for concealing yet. I love using a beauty blender too much! I'll have to give it a go though. I like the more fluffy bigger brushes for highlighting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als