Skip to main content

Jaclyn Hill X Morphe Palette Review

I've been loving this palette for about two weeks now. When I first saw that Jaclyn was launching a palette with Morphe, I was a little skeptical. I understand that brands have their ups and downs with products and orders, but Morphe was having a lot of issues with costumer complaints. I've ordered from Morphe in the past and I never had any issues other than a few single pan eyeshadows being a little patchy. I still  have some of their others that I love, and I've liked the brushes I've gotten from this brand too. With all that being said, I still wanted to try this palette out and I'm so very glad I did! The website kept kicking me off the launch all morning and I just knew I wasn't going to get it until they sold out and restocked again. Luckily, I was finally able to get through to the "Wait in line. When it's your turn to checkout the page will automatically load." It stayed on this page for a good 30 minutes until it finally took me straight to my cart to check out! The website was so slow by then that it took another 10-15 minutes just to check out. I later found out that the palette sold out in 45 minutes! I have no clue how I was able to get it since it took me about that long to wait. It arrived two weeks ago today and I've been using it just about every chance I get so I could put this blog together with my honest opinion and if I would recommend it. Below is 7 different eye looks using this palette. I wanted to be able to try out each shade and put them in these looks. These are already super pigmented, but very buildable as well. They blend so well too.

Top row (left to right):
Enlight, Beam, Silk Creme, M.F.E.O., Faint, Sissy, and Little Lady.

2nd row:
Creamsicle, Butter, Pooter, Pukey, Hunts, Firework, and Queen.

3rd row:
Obsessed, S.B.N., Hillster, Roxanne, Jacz, Buns, and Cranapple.

4th row:
Royalty, Twerk, Hustle, Meeks, 24/7, Chip, and Mocha.

5th row:
Pool Party, Jada, Diva, Enchanted, Central park, Soda Pop, and Abyss.



With each look I explain what shadows I used, how I used them, and in order. 
Rose Gold look

Base: Silk Creme
Crease: Sissy 
Middle of lid: Faint
Inner corner: Obsessed
Outer corner: Mocha 
Highlight: Enlight

Bottom lash line
Outer corner: Mocha
Middle: Sissy



Teal Blue look.

Base/crease: Silk Creme
Middle to outer lid: Jada
Middle of lid: Pool Party
Inner corner: Enlight
Middle to outer crease: Obsessed
Outer corner: Soda Pop
Brow bone: Beam 

Bottom lash line outer corner to inner corner: 
Soda Pop, Obsessed, Pool Party, Beam 

This look took a lot touch ups and blending to get all the colors to really pop the way I wanted them to. 











Reds look.

Base/crease: M.F.E.O.
Crease/blend up: Roxanne
Middle of lid: Hunts
Crease: Hillster
Outer corner: Jacz
inner lid: Obsessed
Highlight: Beam

Lower lash line outer to inner: 
Jacz, Hillster, Hunts, Beam








There are a lot of red shades in this palette, so this is the second red eye look I did. They ended up looking about the same in pictures and for some reason I did almost the same steps when I should've tried to mix it up a little bit. This one has a pink shade and a gold/bronze shade that made it look a lot different in person than in photos.

Second Red Look. 
Crease/ and blend up: Butter
Just in crease: Pooter
Lid: Little Lady
Outer corner: Cranapple
Outer crease and corner: 24/7 
Inner corner and highlight: Enlight
Inner corner on top and bottom lash line: Firework
Outer corner on bottom lash line: 24/7






Purple Sunset Look.

Crease and blend up: Creamsicle
Crease/outer corner: Buns
Lid: SBN
Outer corner: Central Park
Outer corner/crease/lower lash line: Royalty
Highlight: Enlight





Smoky with a pop of color.

Crease: Silk Creme
Crease/outer, and inner corner: Hustle
Center of lid: Twerk
Outer corner: Abyss
Highlight: Beam
Lower lash line: Hutsle

This was another look that took a lot of blending and a little touch up. It turned out to be more of a purple than blue with the shade Twerk. That was a little but of a let down, because I was really wanting a bright royal blue. I did use a little bit of Fix Plus on my brush to apply Twerk.


 Green/Gold Look.

Crease and blend up: Pukey
Crease: Queen
Inner corner and lid: Diva 
Outer corner: Meeks
Crease: Chip
Highlight: Enlight
Lower lash line: Enchanted 









 I personally love every shade and don't have any complaints, besides the "Twerk" shade applying more of a purple than blue. It could've been just the shades I mixed it with for that look though. All of these are different formulas and although some swatch a little patchy, that's not the case when blending them on your eyes. I'm really impressed with this palette. Jaclyn Hill and Morhpe did such an amazing job! I definitely recommend this palette!










Comments

  1. This is good to know, I was interested for the variety of colors but wasn't sure if the quality was as good as people made it out to be. I love your looks with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was really impressed with it! Especially for 35 shades for only $38.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als