Skip to main content

Green Eye Summer Look

 Primer: e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer.

I'm really not a huge fan of this primer. It's something I could use for a day to day primer until it runs out.. It's very thick at first which I don't like, then it makes your skin silky feeling. I do like that aspect. The reason I won't be using this product again is the fact that after all my makeup was applied (this product is the only one that I haven't been wearing/I've barely used before) my lower part of my face started breaking out and itching really bad. It was the area I applied the most to. I enjoy a lot of e.l.f. items, but this isn't one for me. I would like to try their other primers.









Foundation: L'oreal Infallible Pro-Glow in the shade 201 classic ivory. I've seen a lot of good reviews on this product and a lot of negative ones. I personally enjoy this foundation. I didn't the first time I wore it because I was use to L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation. This formula is definitely not as good as the pro-matte. It's still a good drug store foundation in my opinion. It's not thick or too high on coverage, but it still makes my skin look healthy and glowing.





Concealer: tart Shape Tape in the shade fair. I've also seen mixed reviews on this concealer, but mainly good ones! I love this one. It has high coverage and helps me even out my face and highlight just the right areas. I really recommend this product!



Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick.
I was skeptical of this product. I have pretty fair skin, so I feel like cream contour products may end up looking too dark or muddy on my skin. I got this as a free sample the last time I shopped on Sephora's website and I was surprisingly impressed. I'm not sure if it has completely won me over yet into purchasing the full size, but I'm sure after trying it out a few more times I'll be ready to make that purchase! 😂






Setting Powder: it Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed. 
Another great Sephora sample that I really enjoyed. If you have awful pores like myself, then I really recommend this powder!
 Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in the shade Taupe. NYX Control Freak Eyebrow gel. I've already gushed about how much I love this product before, but this has really changed my eyebrow look for the better! I've really been enjoying this clear brow gel too.
Blush: City Color Be Matte Blush in the shade Fresh Melon. These are really nice blushes. This is very pigmented, so apply light-handed or you will for sure ruin your look. 😂 I really mean it. I was shocked at how pigmented they were. A plus for me is that I received these blushes from one of my Ipsy bags.                           
Highlight: Anastasia Beverly Hills Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit in the shade Forever Lit.
I love this glow kit, but I have a hard time pulling the colors off with my skin tone. They may work better with me once I fake tan. I went very light-handed with this highlight just like my blush!



Eyes: Too Faced Sweet Peach palette, ColourPop Creme gel liner in the shade Call me, Skone Tattooed eyeliner, Ardell 110 natural lashes with Duo lash glue, and Ulta Beauty Maximum lashes mascara.

I'll make the eye part easy and recommend every product. They're all amazing and I loved how my eyes turned out for this look. With the palette, I decided to go a green eye route,since most looks with this palette is of course peach looks. All the shades in this palette are stunning.
Eye look step by step.

Base: Peaches 'n Cream (matte peach cream)
Crease: Luscious  (shimmer light gold)
Outer to middle of lid: Bless Her Heart (shimmer dark emerald) 
Outer Crease: Bellini (shimmer gold)
Outer Corner: Peach Pit (shimmer dark purple) 
Inner Corner: Nectar (shimmer light cream)
Highlight: White Peach  (shimmer white cream)

I did use a little of tarte Rainforest of the sea marine boosting mist on some of my eye brushes to make the colors pop more.



I love both of these eyeliners. I used the Colourpop one in the water line and tight line, then the Skone one on top of the lid and winged it out slightly. 


Then, I applied my lashes with Duo lash glue, curled my lashes, and added mascara. I love the formula of this mascara, but hate the wand! 😭  I swear I stab myself in the eye every time!

 Lips: bh Cosmetics ShaaanXO Lipsticks palette. 
I love all the shades in this palette. It's great for spring and summer looks! It's a plus because it comes with 9 eyeshadows on one side and 9 lip colors on the other side. I used the dark orange-red color on the top right corner in the picture.

My finished green eye summer look:


Face brushes used for this look:                                     Eye brushes used for this look:
Beauty Blender                                                               Luxie 231 Small Tapered Blending
XO Beauty Vegan Powder                                              Elizabeth Mott Blending brush
XO Beauty Vegan Bronzer                                              XO Beauty Vegan Eyeshadow 
Luxie Lush 504 Large Angled                                        Royal & Langnickel Precision Angled
XO Beauty Vegan Shimmer Tulip                                  XO Beauty Vegan Pencil



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als