Skip to main content

Beauty Tuesday



I based this look on my Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette. Although this is a beautiful palette, its just not one that I seem to pick up often to use. I love cool tone eye looks, but I tend to do more warm tone eye looks because thats in my comfort zone. My favorite shades in this palette are the cool tones, so that's what I went for with this look. Continue reading if you want to see my finished look and the products I used for it!

I've had really dry skin, so I applied my
Simple hydrating light moisturizer. 





I then used this face primer Gimme Good Face by Trust Fund Beauty. I received this sample in a previous Ipsy glam bag and I've enjoyed it, but haven't been able to tell a huge difference while using it. I tend to need pore filling primers and this one didn't do that job for me. It doesn't claim to be a pore filling primer though either. Overall, it's a nice simple primer. I also moisturized my lips with some Baby Lips. 


     




    My foundation consists of L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion and Maybelline Fit me! Shine-Free + Balance Foundation stick. I really love the lumi cushion but W2 is the lightest shade I was able to find while searching for this foundation. I wouldn't say its "full coverage" due to the fact that you can still see a lot of my freckles, but I love the glow and dewiness it has to it. I could easily pull this color off with a fake tan, but since I haven't yet I mixed this with my Maybelline foundation stick in the shade 110 Porcelain that I've had for a little while now. It's one of the lightest foundation colors in a foundation line. That is something I really struggle with when trying to get the perfect shade for my natural skin tone. I would say this is a medium coverage as well. I didn't go too heavy with either one of them today. I used the Morphe M439 brush with the cushion and a damp beauty blender to blend in the foundation stick.
To conceal, I used Maybelline 
Dream Lumi touch highlighting concealer.

I applied this with my
damp Beauty Blender under my eyes, down
my nose, you know...all those highlighting
spots. This concealer is okay. I probably wouldn't
repurchase this just because there isn't much coverage to
it, but I'll continue to use it until I use it all up.







For eyebrows, I did a natural fill-in
using the Brow Powder Duo by
Anastasia Beverly Hills 
in the shade Taupe.

For blush, I used Maybelline 
Dream Bouncy Blush 
in the shade Candy Coral. 
I used a Luxie Lush
504 Large Angled
brush.
My highlight was this very pigmented highlighter by
ColourPop in the shade Spoon. This is a really beaming
highlight for sure! It also has some glitter specs in
it that some might not like. I like this product, but not for
an everyday look. It can be a little too much for me. I tried to apply
most of it with a Vegan Shimmer Tulip brush by XO Beauty,
 but with the cream-like consistency it applied pretty well
with just my finger tips. 
After being done with my all my liquid and cream products,
I used Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian clay finishing powder
 to set my face...mainly in the t-zone and under my eyes.
 I used XO Beauty's Vegan Powder brush.
To bronze up my face some, I used Pixi Beauty Bronzer in
the shade Summertime. I used the XO Beauty Vegan Bronzer brush.



For my transition/crease shade, I mixed Cashew Chew (a matte cream color) and Mocha (a matte light brown color) and used L.A.B.2 Just Blending In brush. I blended this
really well in the full crease, then took the leftover product
and blended it out going up my eye.















Then, I patted the shade Pecan Praline (a matte soft light gray color)
on the full lid with a Urban Decay Eyeshadow brush.
Next, I took the shade Black Currant (a darker shimmer purple
color) on a Morphe M433 brush. I kept that shade in the outer crease
and corner on my eyes...just darkening the outer part a little. I wanted
it to be a little more faded, so I blended it really well.
       I used my Urban Decay brush again with a little bit of setting spray and the shade 
I used this XO Beauty brush, Vegan Pencil with the
shade Divinity (a yellowish cream highlight shade) on my
inner corner and brow bone.

Cafe Au Lait (a shimmer  light silver) to make it more shimmery and opaque. I put that only on the center of my lid and just a little in my inner corners. I then took my M433 brush with the shade Dark Truffle (a color just like pecan praline almost but with shimmer) and added just a little on the outer corner.

I used this XO Beauty brush Vegan Blender to blend
everything out so I wouldn't have any harsh lines.
I added a little of the shade Black Currant on my outer
lower lash line with this Morphe M508 brush.
The rest of my eye look was finished with
curling my lashes, adding some Paula Dort Enhancer
baby eyes
(nude liner) in the water line, using Ciate

Fierce Flicks to create a low wing, putting some Ardell Demi 
101 falsies on with the Duo glue, and then 
Ulta Beauty Amped Lashes mascara to my top
and lower lashes.


To finish this look, I used Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
to plump my lips and then used Kylie Cosmetics Liquid
Lipstick
in the shade KHLO$. This liquid lip didn't work
for me. It may just be that my lips have been really dry
like my skin so I'll try it again, but this day I had to change it
out for a regular lipstick. I used e.l.f setting spray 
to set everything and this look is complete!


You can check out all the shades mentioned from this palette at this link: http://www.ulta.com/chocolate-bon-bons-eyeshadow-palette?productId=xlsImpprod13481031#



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tower 28 Beauty | Makeup

 To the brand that has opened my eyes to a creative outlet while thinking of my skin all the time. Tower 28 Beauty has proved to me that you can have fun with makeup while taking your skin into consideration the entire time. While it's still fun to dip into all my other makeup I have found so much joy in my lightweight makeup ways. The shift happened after trying more cream products and Tower 28 has been one of them. I eyed the beauty of this brand for a while and then took the plunge with their cream bronzer, Bronzino in the shade Sun Coast (the lightest to go with my fair complexion), Beach Please Balm Blush in the shade Power Hour , and a couple of their ShineOn Lip Jellies (Almond & Cashew) .  Their creams are balms so you get a full shine to your look. They not only make your skin look glossy and healthy but also vibrant with the pigment. The blushes really pack a punch in pigment and can be worn as a flush of color or built-up. The bronzer is a little less pigmented th

Beauty Tuesday

For my first " Beauty Tuesday", I thought I would start it off with my May Ipsy bag. If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription bag with 4-5 full and/or sample size beauty products. This June marks two years that I've received a bag. Even though some bags are hit or miss, I've continued to be subscribed so I can try out new items. I feel like Ipsy has really upped their game this year and I've loved every bag I've gotten. I'll be sharing my bag with you every month with my own personal review of the bag itself, and each product in it. I'll also blog about how certain makeup wears, feels, and my own opinion of the product. The same for skincare products, and how they work with my skin type.  I hope you enjoy my May 2017 Glam Bag (If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy's monthly Glam Bag, I'll post the link down below). I'm more into Ipsy for the actual products and not the bags, but I'll admit the ba

Alamar Cosmetics Spanglish | Makeup

I've been loving Alamar since it started and I love to see how far they have come. It's an indie brand I will always recommend so to then get their products in Boxycharm or Boxy Pop Up sales its a win win! That's how I got my Spanglish palette . You can already see this is an Ally palette by the purples! It's a gorgeous one with buttery mattes and stunning metallics. I also appreciate the subtle browns while also having the pops of color too. I found the color story pretty, but also odd. It's not one you see a lot but it does work. I have also found myself creating unique shades by mixing shades together. It's definitely a cute summer moment that you won't be disappointed with.  Swatches left to right: Pero Like, Eres Un Show, Tiene Swing, Guao, Ay Que Cute, Jajaja, Muy Excited, & Ponte Hyper.  Did you miss these blogs?  Lizzie McGuire x ColourPop | Makeup KVD Beauty Edge of Reality | Makeup Beautbean x Shroud It's Freakin' Bats | Makeup I als