Skip to main content

Floral Series: Lilacs

Floral Series: Lilacs 

I've always loved "inspo" looks based off series and I've watched plenty of videos of them, as well as seen many on Instagram. I wanted to try my hand at one. Although, I think creating looks from shows/movies for inspiration is really cool, I still wanted to keep my first "series" a little simpler. I've seen so many series of gemstones and really like the idea of it, but instead I thought I would try to do one that I personally haven't seen before. Even though I'm highly sure a floral one has been done. I want to keep the inspo just from the actual image of a flower and create a look based off of it! 
A series is such a fun idea and it really is a great way to get creative, especially on the days when you feel repetitive with your makeup and want a change. 
For the next couple of months (every other Thursday blog) I will be creating looks from floral images and I think it's perfect for the spring time! I was in such a purple mood this day so I chose Lilacs to be my first look. If you want to see how I created this look then keep on reading. 





 Products Used:


dr. brandt Pores No More Luminizer Primer
e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation (porcelain)
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer (C1)
Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder

Tarte Hamptons Weekender Contour Palette (farmer's market, summer house, & beach getaway)
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
Colour Pop Amber Setting Spray 
Face Brushes Used:
Morphe E6 (foundation)
Morphe Highlight & Contour Sponge (concealer & powder) not pictured 
Morphe G5 (powder)
Tarte Artist Collection (contour/bronzer)
Morpheme E34 (blush)
Morpheme E61 (highlight)



Colour Pop Z Palette
Bh Cosmetics Shaaanxo The Remix Palette



I took the top left pale shade (clarity) as my base shade, then I added just a little of the yellow shade (buttercup) that is right under the first shade just in the crease.
Next I flipped the palette to the other side and added the purple shade (lover) to my crease as well to start the purples in this look. 
I used these three gorgeous shades from my Colour Pop Z Palette. I put the light pink shade (so jaded) all over the lid and I also highlighted my very inner corner and brow bone area with it. Then I added the brighter purple shade (crown jewel) to my crease and really blended this shade around. I blended upwards with it and even took it down my lid as well, just keeping enough pink showing through above and below the purples. I also cat eyed this shade out to a point. Touch ups were needed with the pink shade. Although I loved the look there I still wanted to throw the darker purple shade (hung up) in the outer corner and some in the crease just to add more to the purple color range and because I was loving the darker lilacs in the photo. I added the pink shade (so jaded) to the inner part of my lower lash line. 
To finish the eyeshadow I switched it up a little and wanted to keep the pink on the edges to mimic the lilac so I took the bottom left pink matte shade (bestie) and added that on the rest of my lower lash line.  
Eye Brushes Used:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Blender & Shader ( crease & lower lash line)
Finger (lid)
XO Beauty Vegan Eyeshadow (very inner corner and brow bone)
It! Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil 
L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
Aurora Ultimate Matt Liquid Lipstick (fairy)



Finished look;




More Blogs:






Socials: Instagram: @allisonhunt_2 Facebook: @AllyBrianne Twitter: @allybrianne1407 Snapchat: allybrianne24


This blog is not sponsored. Links listed are affiliate links. Affiliate links provide a small commission off of each purchase, which helps me purchase more items to review/use on my Blog and Youtube. Any opinions or reviews on the products are my own. I want to give you the most honest reviews I can!
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...