Skip to main content

Kat Von D // Saint & Sinner Palette Review

Kat Von D // Saint & Sinner Palette Review 



Oh, Saint & Sinner palette, how much I wanted to LOVE you. 
I normally don't start palette reviews off with that saying, do I? I know, it's crazy. I've seen so much love for this palette. I do really like this palette, but I would be lying if I said I loved it. The colors in this are amazing! This got me out of my comfort zone with every look created and let me experiment with new colors on my eyes that I thought I would never want to use! The pigmentation is there for sure! It overall, is a really beautiful palette. I love the concept of having a more natural side and then a more wild side. The palette itself is pretty large, I have no problem with this. I wouldn't travel with something this big though. Now discussing the hard issues I had with this palette.  I created so many looks with this palette and have been using it since October! I have seven looks below to show each shade used. A lot of my looks turned out really good and I loved my eye makeup. Others WOULD NOT blend together. The struggle was real. People are complaining about the Subculture, but loving these shadows?! I don't own any other Kat Von D palettes so It's hard for me to compare. I want to try her others out to see if this is just a "limited-edtion" issue that I'm having. There are 24 shades in this palette so honestly I would let some not-so-good shadows slide and still love the palette for the shadows that look wonderful on my eyes, but there's another issue. After applying this eyeshadow I (like I always do to test shadows out) watched how they wore on my eyes. I have so many palettes that last all day long. This palettes looks lasted me anywhere from 3-5 hours on my eyes. Not even a whole "work day"... Not impressed. It's such a bummer, because this is a gorgeous palette!  The good credit I'll give to this palette is the shade range. If you are a real big fan of wild eyeshadow colors then you may still want this! You also have to factor in how much you'll use it with the price tag that's on this palette. I will still be keeping this palette and I know I'll get use out of the unique shades that I don't own in other palettes. I will mainly wear these on nights where I will need makeup for only a few hours. I will definitely not be reaching for this for an all day look again. 
Again this has 24 shadows:
(2) Toppers: Absolution & Rapture
(6) Metallics: Chalice, Heaven, Rosary, Ministry, Relic, & Stigmata
(4) Pearlescents: Worship, Immaculate, Sacred Heart, & Sanctuary 
(7) Mattes: Amen, Crucifix, Baptism, Sabbath, Martyr, Devil, & Exorcism
(5) Glitters: Cathedral, Ashes, Revelation, Vestment, & Exodus 

Kat Von D Saint & Sinner Palette is a 6/10 for me! 
This palette is $62.00
This is very limited-edition so this may only be available through online makeup selling sites. 












Look 1: 

Shades Used:


Amen, Baptism, Crucifix, Rosary, & Sanctuary






***








Look 2: October Subscription Try-On Look

Shades Used:

Amen, Martyr, Devil, & Immaculate.









***









Look 3:

Shades Used:

Amen, Ashes, Sacred Heart, Chalice, & Rapture.










***










Look 4: 


Shades Used:

Amen, Cathedral, Worship, Baptism, & Absolution.



***










Look 5: 

Shades Used:

Amen, Exorcism, Vestment, & Exodus.



***








Look 6:

Shades Used:

Amen, Stigmata, Relic, & Revelation. 


***







Look 7:

Shades Used:

Amen, Heaven, Sabbath, Baptism, & Ministry. 


Saint Side
Sinner Side



Saint Side (swatches left to right):
Cathedral, Sanctuary, Chalice, Rosary, Heaven, Sacred Heart, Worship, Baptism, Crucifix, Amen, Immaculate, & Absolution. 




Sinner Side (swatches left to right):
Stigmata, Exodus, Revelation, Relic, Ministry, Devil, Ashes, Exorcism, Vestment, Martyr, Sabbath, & Rapture. 



(All looks mentioned will be added to the blog soon!)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...