Skip to main content

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Magic Star // Makeup Monday

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Magic Star // Makeup Monday




This was a launch I was not only excited about, but also so intrigued. We've had eyeshadow palettes, lip products, and different types of highlighters, but Jeffree's first base products?! He has hinted about a future foundation, which I would want to try out, but I can say this is nothing like his other products. I, unfortunately, am let down by this concealer. Jeffree raved it was lightweight, decent coverage, "a little goes a long way", great shade range, and non-creasing! So to break it down for you it is lightweight, so lightweight that it is a very thin consistency. I can say the coverage is decent for how lightweight and thin it is and the shade range, in my opinion, is really good. Usually, with concealers, I have one option. I bought shade C2 to find out it is too fair for me. That's not something I say a whole lot. haha! If I decide to repurchase this or for you to know I think C5 would work for me. I can't say from experience, but the deeper range looks decent. From there it's a little negative. While this bottle looks to have a decent amount of product it honestly doesn't. I don't want to get into numbers because I already did in my review video that you can check out, but it's not a whole lot. The wand is unique and different for a concealer, but I can dip into my shape tape once with enough product with this I can't. The last to touch on is the "non-creasing" claim and that is what I was most excited about. This, unfortunately, creases fast on me. I mean this is a have your powder ready, open, and what you need ready to go-to blend that concealer under your eyes and go straight into powder afterward. I stan Jeffree Star Cosmetics, but just can't with this product. I would love a reformulation of it, but in the meantime, I will use mine up. It's not the worst I've tried, but nothing that is holy grail. I did want to mention the beautiful packaging. He always gets me with that! 


Magic Star Setting Powder

When choosing loose setting powders I tend to play it safe with my fair complexion and go with translucent.  Where the concealer was a little bit of a letdown for me the powder wasn't! I find it plays a little weird with this concealer which really throws me off since it's the same brand (and launch at that!), but that may just be me. When I used it with my other thicker concealers (Tarte Shape Tape, L'Oreal Infallible Full Wear, etc.) it made my skin so smooth and blurred it like no other! I was super impressed, but how it kept my makeup in place while making my skin look so nice. It's a very finely milled and super soft powder. Plus if you like light scents this one smells delicious and I've never thought that with a setting powder before! 
While I am very excited to see what he brings to the table next I do hope for a better outcome with future face products! 

XO AllyBrianne 







Did you miss these blogs?


I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 
 Socials:
Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Youtube: AllyBrianne
This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...