Skip to main content

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Vol. 2 // Makeup

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Vol. 2 // Makeup



Another Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette to start the hype...and the drama...
I thought what could go wrong with a full size (non "vault") palette with the promise of the original formula? I don't think it is that easy for Jaclyn anymore. Although I feel like the heat should've been given more to Morphe for adding ingredients that weren't in the first palette to "improve" the already amazing formula... Jaclyn I feel should've been more involved with it especially with how her last few launches have gone. With that being said I did mention in my First Impressions that I didn't really see this being the exact formula anyways. There are so much more vibrant shades in Vol. 2 and the fact that most are pressed pigments. I did enjoy playing with this palette. I still wanted that OG formula especially with the neutrals and because of that Vol. 1 will always be my favorite. This is a fun color story that I really thought caught the eye and while it still does I find myself wishing there were fewer burgundy shades with her going a more vibrant direction, but this is Jaclyn Hill the queen of warm tones and burgundy. I created some fun looks in my 4 Looks 1 Palette with this and didn't really struggle with the looks. I have heard of others being upset with the shades being patchy. I only noticed it once so far and was able to blend it out. Pressed pigments can be tricky to work with, layer, and blend. You just have to have the patience to blend blend blend. 
24 of the shades in this palette are mattes which was a bonus for me! I love having more mattes in a colorful palette. The remaining 11 shades are mainly metallics besides one more glittery layer shade and one that pulls more duo-chrome. I find the metallics to be beautiful, but definitely not as amazing as the OG palette. What did you think of Vol. 2? XO



Swatches left to right: Certified, I'm In It, Love Handles, Comfort Zone, Perfectionist, Ride-Or-Diamonds,  Thick Skin, No Joke, Taliya, Feelin' Myself, Homebody, GRWM, Boujee, & Drama Queen.


Swatches left to right: Flawed & Awed, G-Money, Positivi-Tea, My Man, Grateful, Heart On, Livin' My Best, A Moment, Therapy Sesh, Lolli Mama, Tipsy Girl, Empowered, Next, & Dance Party.


Swatches left to right: Stay True, Not My Journey, Good Place, Paolo, Oh, Hello!, Crazy, & Temptress.




Did you miss these blogs? 





I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 
 Socials:
Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Youtube: AllyBrianne
This blog is not sponsored. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...