Skip to main content

Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse // Foundation Review

Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse // Foundation Review


This foundation might be old news, but since I have it and said awhile back I would do a review on it, here I am! This is definitely more of an oldie, but I wouldn't necessarily say "goodie" if I'm being quite honest. That factor is the reason it has taken awhile for this review as well. I just don't like it. 
A year or two ago, some YouTubers raved of this foundation as one of their favorite drugstore foundations! I can't remember who all did, but the one that comes to mind is Kathleen Lights. I usually love her recommendations, but this wasn't one. Everyones skin type is different so definitely keep that in mind. I'm also just not a fan of mousse formulas. I honestly feel like I can't breathe while applying them and to top it off usually I can't get decent coverage with mousse formulas unless I use my hands.. Which I don't like. I prefer a sponge, but even a brush is better than straight up using my hands. The coverage is more of a medium, but can be built up you'll just look and feel a little heavier on your face. So from far away and/or pictures that are at a distance it doesn't look too bad, right? 


Then you zoom it up and it looks like the grand canyon. Crease nation for sure! I can't figure this foundation out. You guys know that I give each foundation a fair shot. Different primers, concealers, powders, setting sprays, etc. are used to try to find the best fit. With this foundation I got the same results every time. It also didn't matter if I used less product! These pictures are right after makeup application, but the wear time is just another downwards spiral. The shade wasn't bad and that's the best thing I can say about this foundation. I hate to be so brutal with a review, but after the Jouer foundation review... I'm more cut throat with these. There is too many good formulas out there to have so many crap ones lately! If you are looking for a GOOD matte, long-wearing, and excellent coverage drugstore foundation, try the Maybelline SuperStay! Let me know if you've had better results with this foundation than I have had.. I promise, more cheerful and better reviews are coming! XO Ally 

I give the Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse Foundation a whopping 2/10 (only for the shade and decent coverage.. Just too many flaws) 

I used the shade: fair ivory
Skin Tone: Fair with neutral undertones
Skintype: Combo-to-dry

IF you are STILL interested in this foundation after this review you can get yours at Target for $3.29 (that price for a reason)









 Past Foundation Review Blogs:






 Socials:
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2 Facebook: @AllyBrianne Twitter: @allybrianne1407 Snapchat: allybrianne24

This blog is not sponsored. Links listed are affiliate links. Affiliate links provide a small commission off of each purchase, which helps me purchase more items to review/use on my Blog and Youtube. Any opinions or reviews on the products are my own. I want to give you the most honest reviews I can!
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO

 Kiss Me Club: https://liveglam.com/kissme/?utm_sour...

Morhpe Brush Club: https://liveglam.com/morphe-brushes/?...

Romwe (Spring Sales!): https://us.romwe.com/?SASSource=share...

Facetory:  https://www.facetory.com/?rfsn=109734...
*Use code 'ALLISONHU20' to receive 20% off with your first months subscription!

FabFitFun: Get $10 off your first box!
http://xo.fff.me/ioNYT

 EBATES (Get Cash back when you shop online): https://www.ebates.com/r/ALLISO19350?...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...