Skip to main content

ColourPop Sol + Mar // Palette Review

ColourPop Sol + Mar // Palette Review


If you haven't already, check out my first impressions on the ColourPop Sol + Mar Palettes on my YouTube! 
Other ColourPop palette reviews will be linked below as well. 

I was so excited about the launch on these palettes and bought them on launch day! They're both such cute travel size palettes that are so affordable! I'm not sure if these palettes are limited edition for the summer or not, but wanted to get my review up for you guys incase. The last time I checked they were still available. You can can watch my first impressions on these palettes where I tried one palette on each eye. I honestly was super impressed! You can see the eye looks below. There is pigment, they blended like other ColourPop shadows, and the overall looks were stunning! The shades are intense colors for such an affordable price and I love that so much! Again, watch my first impressions for all those details. Fast forward to me trying each palette out again and I'm not going to lie.. I seen some changes. Lets start with Sol, I didn't see too many changes with this palette. The second look I did with it (all looks will be below) wasn't as vibrant as the first look, but that was just the choice in shades. The look was still a beautiful bronze summer eye and I really liked the outcome! 
The Mar palette I however did see some changes. The amazing part is that the darker blue (glitter blue shade, Gridlock) in this palette is stunning! So pigmented, blendable, long-wearing, etc.. You don't see that too often! The matte blue (almost a blueberry shade, Detour) however, was rather hard for me to work with. When it is swatched it is beautiful, but working with a brush just fades the pigment almost completely! I'm going to have to try using it just with my finger to see if the outcome is better, but I still hoped a matte shade like that would work well with a brush. The other mattes and metallics/shimmers were stunning in this palette like the Sol palette. Then I tried using  the more orange (Boozy) shade in this palette and was super confused by it. The formula is so odd, not very pigmented, and overall I had a hard time with it. The shade above it (El Rey) I found out is about the same way, but after "scraping off" the top layer of that shade the pigment is there now. I tried with the orange shade and no luck. Besides the couple of shades that have odd formulas I still love this palette as well. 
Final thoughts are that I love both of them.. I personally think they're worth the $12 and would recommend them if you're growing a collection of palettes. If you're just looking for a couple staple palettes, I would honestly recommend other ColourPop palettes before these though. That is just so you have the same quality with each shade in the palette and you get good use out of each shade! I will continue to use these palettes, but I do feel like ColourPop should have spent more time formulating these shades, especially with how gorgeous they are! 

ColourPop Sol + Mar Palettes are a 8/10 for me! 
You can gets yours for $12 each at ColourPop!

A few looks wearing this palette:




You can see both of these eye looks in the above first impressions link! 


You can check out this look: Instavideo 

You can check out this look: Instavideo



SOL 
Swatches Left to Right:
New Digs, Anthem, Dynamite, Hotel, Motel, B+B, Floaties, OOO, & Unwind



MAR
Swatches Left to Right:
El Rey, Wild One, Detour, Boozy, Gridlock, Sorbet, Hwy, Top Down, & My Way





XO Ally 







More Palette Review Blogs:





 Socials:
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2 Facebook: @AllyBrianne Twitter: @allybrianne1407 Snapchat: allybrianne24

This blog is not sponsored. Links listed are affiliate links. Affiliate links provide a small commission off of each purchase, which helps me purchase more items to review/use on my Blog and Youtube. Any opinions or reviews on the products are my own. I want to give you the most honest reviews I can!
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO

 Kiss Me Club: https://liveglam.com/kissme/?utm_sour...

Morhpe Brush Club: https://liveglam.com/morphe-brushes/?...

Romwe (Spring Sales!): https://us.romwe.com/?SASSource=share...

Facetory:  https://www.facetory.com/?rfsn=109734...
*Use code 'ALLISONHU20' to receive 20% off with your first months subscription!

FabFitFun: Get $10 off your first box!
http://xo.fff.me/ioNYT

 EBATES (Get Cash back when you shop online): https://www.ebates.com/r/ALLISO19350?...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...