Skip to main content

Dose of Color {Desi X Katy} Collection "The Girls" Palette Review

Dose of Color {Desi X Katy} Collection "The Girls" Palette Review




I love Desi (Desi Perkins) and Katy (LustreLux) so much! They have the best personalities and aren't afraid to be their down-to-earth selves. If you need a new Youtuber to watch that will make you laugh in each video, then you should look them up! I thought it was so awesome to see them collaborate with a company in general, but also so exciting to see them collaborate together with the company! I've honestly have never tried Dose of Colors products, but I've heard amazing things so that made me really interested in this line even more!
The packaging on these products are all stunning! The actual shades in this palette are gorgeous as well.  This is "The Girls" Eyeshadow Quad. They both have two dogs each, so they named a shade after each pup. It's a cute idea, but I really wish they would've came out with a full palette with more shades and more varieties on the formula of the eyeshadows.
The first look I created with this eyeshadow quad was a mess! I went with a "halo" effect eye look (linked below under look 1). I took the shade Suz (top left) all over my lid and used the shade Turbosan (bottom left) as the center "halo" and this darker shade ended up on the entire lid. I had a hard time working with it. This palette does come with a card explaining that the best application would be with a finger and that a couple of the shades should be used "wet" with water or a makeup spray. You can see below the swatches of these are stunning! They're so pigmented and such unique shades! I did like the outcome of my first look, but was disappointed that it wasn't what I wanted in the first place. I felt like the lighter Suz (top left) shade didn't stand out in my inner corner enough to show just how pretty that shade is, but the look came together. These are hard to work with brushes, so blending was a little tough because I didn't want to lose any pigmentation. The easiest shade to blend with a brush was Noli (top right) and I was able to blend that shade in my crease in my second look using this quad. I also incorporated the shade Harpoon (bottom right) in my second look on the lids. The fall-out on these shades are pretty intense, so I would recommend applying your eye makeup before the rest. Overall it seems like I've pointed out a lot of flaws, and while I'm not 100% in love with this I have to say what wins me over is how unique these are; not just the shades, but the formula too! They took a huge chance at how people would react to these because they aren't the easiest to work with. I feel like I wouldn't reach for this quad too often, but when I'm in a really creative mood I would like to work with these shades some more. 

The Girls Eyeshadow Quad is a 7/10 for me!
This quad is $28.00 (Limited Edition!) You can get yours on Dose of Colors.










Look 1: 

Dark Eyes & Nude Lips  
























Look 2:

Glitter Eyes & Hot Fire Lips





I wanted to include a few shots of these gorgeous lip products. I reviewed both of these yesterday (I'll link below), so check that out! The packaging and details on these.. I just can't get over it. 
Liquid Lipstick: Hot Fire


Lipstick: More Creamer Please


The added signatures are so pretty!









*Swatches left to right:

Suz, Turbosan, Noli, & Harpoon.





These are *Limited Edition* and they just had their last restock, so if you're interested in this line I would get yours soon!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...