Skip to main content

Revlon ColorStay Skin Awaken 5-in-1 Concealer | Makeup

 Revlon Colorstay Skin Awaken 5-in-1 Concealer 

Revlon has a new Colorstay concealer that I had to share for different reasons. I've been trying it out for the past few weeks and have my shades down and also the way I like to apply it! So I thought I would let you in on my secrets... My fair with neutral undertones skin has done best with the shade fair in the concealer although I'm super close to the shade, vanilla as well. My absolute favorite way of wearing this concealer formula is day-to-day by itself. It's that "your skin but better" look where I only use spot concealer under my eyes and where needed. It blends in without leaving weird patches but wears nicely in place. The only complaint here is the creasing I do experience with fine lines and creases that are on my skin. A little setting powder fixes that. I have tried the universal neutralizer and wasn't a fan. I'm sure it would be nice for most, but my fair skin doesn't mix well with the shade. I honestly don't seem to need the neutralizer with my shade to begin with so it works out. The only other cons I have noticed is this formula not mixing well with all my base products. I find it works well on bare skin or on top of light coverage bases (such as BB creams, tinted moisturizers, etc.) but not as much on coverage foundations. This isn't with every foundation though. The pros that I haven't mentioned is the brightening effect with the vitamin C and caffeine that is added in the formula. I love extra brightening ingredients! 

I use the shade, Latte for a cream bronzer/contour moment. It's a cool tone (but not too cool) contour on me that is the perfect match. I couldn't tell you if I liked this product better as a concealer or contour because it is so good at both! With the afforability I highly reccomend getting your contour shade too. xx

*This collection was sent my way in PR from Revlon. #gifted 
This review is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. No affiliate links. 

\

Wearing shades: Fair (concealer)  & Latte (contour) 




Did you miss these blogs? 







I also have a beauty channel on YouTube! Have you checked out my most recent upload? 


My YouTube Channel 

 Socials:

Beauty Instagram: @allybrianne_mua
Instagram: @allisonhunt_2
Twitter: @allybrianne1407
Youtube: AllyBrianne
Caffeine & Crime: Podcast
Caffeine & Crime: Blog



This blog is not sponsored. *some links are affiliate links. 
Thanks for supporting my Blog & Channel! XO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette (Nude) Review You may have seen that I received this Doucce palette in my FabFitFun Winter Box . I have actually tried one of their single pans of eyeshadow from a subscription in the past and I did like it and thought it was super pigmented! First of all, I love how compact and cool this freematic palette is. There is small magnets on the back of each shade and the inside of the actual palette is a magnetic board like a Z-Palette. Then I want to mention how I do really like the color layout of this. It is a pretty neutral layout and has shades that everyone has, but the undertone of these are just so different to me. In a good way for sure! They do have other palette options on their website, along with a "build your own palette" option. I will eventually review the highlight (also a bonus!) that came with this, but I want to talk mainly about the 8 eyeshadows. They're just like the single one I received and is very pigm...

Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean Hallobean Palette | Makeup

Where to begin with this palette? Could it be the best of this season? Possibly so! This second round of Shroud Cosmetics x BattyBean is everything I could dream up for a fall palette. Sure, I love the past Its Freakin' Bats palette. It is still a favorite with its spooky vibes. What the Hallobean Palette gives is not only a spooky vibe but a fall lovers' essentials in the shade range. With 5 mattes and 4 metallics, you have a good balance in formulas that are some of the best. The mattes are pigmented but are some of the easiest shadows to blend out. The metallics are a buttery dream with the prettiest payoff. These stunning shades that are named after such iconic Halloween movies/characters are everything and new favorites.   BattyBean did an incredible job on another gorgeous color story and Shroud really does deserve all the love/hype they are getting! xx Shades left to right: Ghastly, Afterlife, Crypt, Woodsboro, It's Showtime, Black Flame, Losers Club, Ghoulish...

Bh Cosmetics X Shaaanxo Palette Review

Bh Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette Review: I've been using this palette for quite awhile now and I've always loved it. I've been doing a lot of these "palette reviews" lately and plan to keep doing them, so why not do some old favorites as well?  If you like warm-tones, then this palette is for you. This was the palette that came out just before Kylie Jenner launched a palette that some say looked quite similar.  From pictures, they do seem to have close to the same shades. I only own this one so I can't say much for that palette. Shaaanxo's palette is stunning though. Even with just these 9 shades, I can/have come up with so many different eye looks over the summer. Speaking of which, this was one of my go-to palettes for the summer time. I still feel like I'll be able to get a lot of autumn looks with it as well. As you can see from the swatches, this palette is very pigmented and the shades blend really well on the eyes. The colors are also ...